ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently running TBE, short ram intake, & cobb stage2 reflash. I was looking to get the Gruppe-s header with the helix up pipe. I was told that once you install headers you have to get the car tuned for it and that it would blow the engine if I didnt. Is this true? Does anyone know any WRX tuners in the northern VA area? And since I did the cobb reflash, with that cause a problem to the tuner? thanks for your help.

Keith

·
Registered
293 Posts
I am running a header on my Cobb reflash. No blown engines and I have never heard of anyone doing so with just a header! Granted you may not see the full potential of the header until you get tuned.

At this point if you want a custom tune you will have to drive to Utah or Texas to get tuned. Once Cobb releases their pro tuner software you will have a lot more options.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I really thought it was ridiculous when the guy told me that I could blow with no tuning with a header, but I thought I'd ask just to double check to see if anyone else heard of this. Since im running the cobb stage2, no one can tune my car besides Cobb right? Or unless I get that Pro tuner.... When do they expect to release the pro tuner, and will be able to tune with it or do I have to bring it to a tuner? Thanks for everyones help.

Keith

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
CUBUFF said:
I am running a header on my Cobb reflash. No blown engines and I have never heard of anyone doing so with just a header! Granted you may not see the full potential of the header until you get tuned.
you're running a header with a map not tuned for it? interesting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts