ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:I'm looking at purchasing the Cobb short-ram intake, and I'm ordering for jscspeed.com (the best), but I had a question or two before hand. Does this intake require any type of tuning, or can I just put it on and drive? Also is the MAF sensor something I would need to purchase along with it? :confused:

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
you dont need a tune unless you would like to see some power gains

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heh, alright, so should I even get the intake if I don't tune it? lol. I'm debating between a SR or just a drop in, and maybe silicone piping and silencer elbow delete. I've had a horrible hydro lock experience with my old VW GT1 VR6, so I'm really sketched out about the intake deal now. lol

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
if you want. i honestly installed my SRI just for the sound. (delete the intake silencer) and it makes the PSHHH sound. i'm untuned right now so it doesnt really benifit me for anything haha

·
In Memoriam
3,733 Posts
Stick with the stock box, do the silencer delete if you want the sound. Throw in a K&N drop in or Green.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
testes1010 said:
Stick with the stock box, do the silencer delete if you want the sound. Throw in a K&N drop in or Green.
Silencer delete takes 30 min tops. Do the K&N filter if you'd like, but you don't have to. Without, the mod is free, with it's $50.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm thinking the stock box sounds good, with the drop in and what not. I gotta deal with crazy weather and hurricanes and crap anyway

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
turbo timer, boost control, full GReddy exhaust. All done by previous owner. I'm in the process of getting rid of them...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts