Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 wrx running a stage 1 aem map and I have the v2 ap. have to replace my boost controller so I went with the Cobb 3 port. my question is how can I go about correctly tuning for the new part without going to a pro tuner. only reason I am against pro tunes is because I brought it to the closest shop to me (90 mins) only to find out that they couldn't do it because my v2 won't respond with Windows, Mac only. So if anyone knows anything that would help me I would greatly appreciate that otherwise I am going to have to find another shop and hope that my updated v2 will get the job done, I don't have 600 to invest in the v3

·
Master Baiter
12,651 Posts
Cheapest option would be to buy a used OE solenoid. I think I paid a local guy $20 for his years ago when mine went bad. The performance for an aftermarket solenoid really isn't there on a S1 car. If you're already paying for a custom calibration at S2+ power levels, I sometimes recommend it as an add-on that is relatively inexpensive and can be installed in the parking lot quickly before your appointment.

To directly answer your question, however, you'll need to modify two main sets of tables: wastegate / turbo dynamics (I don't tune with Cobb, so I'm not sure the labels they use). There is no "set" adjustment that needs to be made. You would need to be able to read/interpret/analyze datalogs, and continue to make adjustments until you got the right values for your vehicle. It wouldn't be a one-time exercise, either; you would need to evaluate datalogs with different conditions (e.g., elevation, outside temperature, etc.) because there are compensation tables for various factors (e.g., intake air temperature, atmospheric pressure, engine coolant temp, etc.) and you would want to make sure that those compensations didn't throw anything off in the calibration. Professionals who do this daily year-round have an idea what values they like to see in the compensation tables and will set them based on past experience; as an amateur, you'll need to figure out what works for your car / scenerio.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts