ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont now much about the whole tune ,reflash thing, but i now i want to get it done on my wrx , here are my mods; vf34 turbo, aem truboost controller, im pushing 13 psi, invidia catless DP,Borla Exhaust,aem short ram intake, im guessing the only thing i need now is the injectors. what do you guys think , do i need like a stage 1 or can i go with a 2, or do i just take my car to a porformance shop and get it reflash, i hope im not confusing anyone.

·
Registered
609 Posts
wow all that and no tune? get a tune ASAP. Yes you need injectors

·
Registered
609 Posts
Cobb should have some OTS maps for you, but an accessport is $700

Or just get a protune using opensource or something which is cheaper at $200-$500

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Sorry, but this is going to be harsh. Get ready for it.....

i dont now much about the whole tune ,reflash thing
That is blatantly obvious... I feel for your car!

im guessing the only thing i need now is the injectors.
Bigger injectors are useless without a bigger fuel pump.

what do you guys think
I think in the future, you need to learn about your car and modifying it before you do it!

do i need like a stage 1 or can i go with a 2
Huh? Wow...... I think you need to read through the information on this site and learn about your car and tuning it. There is nothing about your car that is stage 1 or 2.

do i just take my car to a porformance shop and get it reflash
You need to take your car to a performance shop and ask them to redo it as it should be done. Who put all those mods on your car for you?

How long have you been running that setup without a tune? Do you have money lying around for a new engine? You need to buy an Accessport and then consult Cobb's list of tuners in your area and get your car in there asap. You should also consider getting a catted DP for your car, and ditch the boost controller and intake.

Cobb should have some OTS maps for you
Um you're kidding, right? Did you look at his list of mods?

Or just get a protune using opensource or something which is cheaper at $200-$500
If you can get a protune for $200 then please let me and everybody else know where!!! ;)

how about a reflash, is that same as protune?
A protune is a reflash but a reflash is not always a protune.

This thread makes me scared for the future of the human race.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Last time i checked cobb had maps for a vf34? He would obviously drop the MBC

and i said protune at $200-$500 as in a range, because they can vary no need to get your panties in a bunch

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Yeah they do, but not with all of that other stuff. What's obvious to you and me and most other people is probably not obvious to this guy.....

and i said protune at $200-$500 as in a range, because they can vary no need to get your panties in a bunch
Note the ;) after my post :thumbup: But seriously, I've never heard of a protune for less than $300. Maybe even $350.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Yeah they do, but not with all of that other stuff. What's obvious to you and me and most other people is probably not obvious to this guy.....

Note the ;) after my post :thumbup: But seriously, I've never heard of a protune for less than $300. Maybe even $350.
Yes, this is true, and judging from his OP i should have gone into further detail.

True on the protune, i was trying to show they can be in a big price range, 200 was low, meh

·
In Memoriam
3,733 Posts
A custom tune using OpenECU is easily doable for <$200.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

shyt man if thats all i need to help my car ill do it, so where can i get an MBC.

·
In Memoriam
3,733 Posts
is that when someone connects a laptop to the cars ecu port and tunes it?
yes, I custom tune here in my local area for less than half that but I road tune so there's no fee for using a dyno.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
I know you're probably ignoring my post since I wasn't exactly the nicest guy in the world, but you need to learn about the safe and effective modification paths for your car. Unless you change your setup quite a bit, tuning it is just going to put a band-aid on a bad setup. It seems like you're just ignoring anybody that's posting advice to you.

Please do yourself a favor and read this information or search on this site for info.

You need that and also to fix your existing setup. Any tuner that's willing to tune your car with the setup you've described should be taken out back and shot. To start with, larger injectors are useless without a larger fuel pump.

·
Registered
609 Posts
You need that and also to fix your existing setup. Any tuner that's willing to tune your car with the setup you've described should be taken out back and shot. To start with, larger injectors are useless without a larger fuel pump.
Hes right, lose the MBC and get yourself a walbro fuel pump and some injectors. Then get some real engine management and your car will love you. I don't know much about AEM intakes but atleast its a short ram

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I know you're probably ignoring my post since I wasn't exactly the nicest guy in the world, but you need to learn about the safe and effective modification paths for your car. Unless you change your setup quite a bit, tuning it is just going to put a band-aid on a bad setup. It seems like you're just ignoring anybody that's posting advice to you.

Please do yourself a favor and read this information or search on this site for info.

Ok so what is it that you think i should remove from my car from the list of mods that i have done. i forgot to mention i also have a greddy type rs bov recerculated. btw i want to thank all of you for your responses.i defenetly want to do whats best for my ride.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts