Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to the forum and relatively new to the wrx's. The shop i work at had a 09 wrx hatch that had a front end collision and was lucky enough to get it for free. It has a turbo back turboxs exhaust, grimmspeed 3port boost controller, turbo xs fmic and bov, perrin CAI and perrin equal length header. And it also has injector dynamics 750 cc injectors. I believe that is all but not 100% but it doesnt have a tune. I know they have the access port v3 from cobb but i wasnt sure which tune would be the best for what i have. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
10,897 Posts
The only tune is going to be one done at a performance shop. Cobb doesn't have an off the shelf tune for the equipment on the car.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,716 Posts
Injector Dynamics doesn't make 750cc injectors...

You will have to get a custom tune made by a licensed Cobb protuner to be able to drive the car. Even simply starting the car and letting it idle with those modifications will cause damage to the engine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Like i said im new to it. I guess the guy who owned it before didnt know either. What would be ok to keep on it and what mode would yall recommend to just be able to use the cobb accessport

·
Super Moderator
10,897 Posts
You can't just use the accessport.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,716 Posts
What would be ok to keep on it and what mode would yall recommend to just be able to use the cobb accessport

You could leave the turboback exhaust on it, replace the boost controller, the FMIC, BOV, CAI, headers, and injectors with all stock parts and run the stage two map with the AP (as long as there aren't any other modifications that you're not aware of). Of course buying all of those stock parts to swap back on to the car will cost a lot more than just getting a custom tune made for it. Not to mention you would be losing a lot of performance going back to all stock parts..

Also consider the fact that the maps that come with the AP are made to be a one size fits all solution and to be honest, they just aren't very good. Even if you only had the turboback exhaust on it I would still recommend getting a custom tune over running the Cobb map. A custom tune will make significantly more power, drive smoother, get better gas mileage, and be better for the engine than running one of the off the shelf maps.

Ok so i guess the best bet would to just take it to a pro tuner. We have one local here.

Just make sure you don't try to drive the car at all in the condition that it is in.. you will need to get it towed on a flatbed to the tuner. Or you could potentially get the tuner to email you a base map that would be safe enough to get the car from where it is to the shop to be tuned. But to do that you will need to be absolutely sure about exactly what parts it has on it so the tuner can make the appropriate map to limp the car to his shop, and I don't see that happening since ID doesn't even make 750cc injectors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the advice. Thats exactly what i wanted to know. About the injectors i know there ID i was just told that they were the 750. Im definately going to get it protuned. I found a liscensed cobb tuner here local and already set an appointment to get it done. Is there any way to tell if there is a previous tune on it. Its very possible it was already tuned by the previous owner i just wanted to be safe before i started driving it. Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,716 Posts
Its very possible it was already tuned by the previous owner i just wanted to be safe before i started driving it.

There is.. you can pull the map off of the ECU and compare it to a stock map. All you would really need to look at would be injector scaling and you would know if it was tuned or not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts