ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went long beach yesterday to surf, and in the middle of the trip I couldn't pop the trunk from inside the car anymore. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
799 Posts
pull hard! that switch is set up bad. you have to change the linkage a bit to get it to work right. just move the bolt that connects to the wire one notch. not a big deal. had the same prob.

·
Registered
167 Posts
More info on how to change the linkage please

·
Administrator
26,609 Posts
Did anyone try the switch yet? It is a little metal switch on the side of the latch. Try that before you adjust the latch.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Trainrex said:
Did anyone try the switch yet? It is a little metal switch on the side of the latch. Try that before you adjust the latch.
Werd. As long as I've got the camera out... Trunk lid switch lesson #1... Flip up to disable cockpit trunk release... (This is flipped up)

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
:rolleyes: Sounds like that is the cause. If not... there is a write up on how to adjust the latch if its sticking really bad. Try the disable switch first.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Didn't feel like creating a whole new thread, so I just resurrected this one.

Latch isn't working for me lately, can't pinpoint when it happened, just didn't work one day. I tried as what was stated above... didn't work.

I'm just going to add it to the list of things to fix when I go to the dealer.

Although, my trunk has been hard to open since I've had it (had to pull up on the latch pretty hard) and always had to slam it pretty hard in order for it to close. It never really bothered me, but my friends have commented on it. Is this pretty normal?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts