ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
All the trunk lids are the same between years (after 02 of course). It took me about an hour to do, but if you knew what you're doing it could easily be cut in half at least.

Main things to know:

Make sure you have a couple old blankets or something to lay the trunk lids on while you work. Simple oversight, but important if you are, say, 4 hours from home like I was.

The 4 bolts on the hinges are pretty obvious, along with the clip for the light.

After the trunk lids are off, you'll need to swap the locks. There is a rod that goes from the lock to the latch, and a clip that holds the lock in place. Just pull the clip out with a pair of pliers and hope you don't bend it to out of shape.

That's really all there is too it. No alignment to worry about, no million bolts to slow you down.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Can anyone tell me how difficult it would be to remove the STi spoiler and add it to a CF trunk?

Is the STi wing held on only by bolts / fasteners etc., or is there adhesive as well?

I want to get a CF trunk but keep my STi wing... How difficult would that be? Is drilling into CF dangerous? I'd hate to crack a $$$ trunk :confused:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Drilling in CF isn't really a big deal. Just don't go too fast and cause it to crack. I really don't know about removing the wing. I took off all the bolts (10 of em) and it was still held on, I guess by some sort of adhesive, or maybe just a years worth of grime but I didn't want to force it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts