Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody use a trunk lid organizer? I'm looking to buy this one:

Trunk organizer for easy access storage of police k9 training equpiment.

Probably going to be a bit big since it is made for Crown Vic sized cars, but nothing some trimming and hemming can't fix. Since I have two young boys I regularly tote about in my car, I carry a full compliment of diapers, wipes, powder, butt paste, snacks, toys, etc. in the trunk for those kinds of situations. I figure having all those items right on the trunk lid while I am changing a poopy diaper with my kid in the trunk would be handy. I've looked around online and have not seen anyone offer a custom-fitted lid organizer for the 2015+ WRX, but I'd be interested if there is one out there. Nice thing is this particular model is MOLLE-based so I can get pretty creative with fit of pouches and the like.

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After some measurements and planning, I decided not to buy the MOLLE organizer as I'd have to trim away a fair bit in order for it to fit the WRX. I ended up buying a few MOLLE pouches that fit the trunk lid liner and cut slots in the liner to accommodate them. I bought two large pouches designed to carry six 30-round AR-15 magazines and positioned them on the sides with the flaps oriented so they would sit upright when the lid was closed. The middle pouch is a smaller medic's pouch complete with a red cross morale patch. I usually carry a decently equipped first aid pack in my car and this was a pretty convenient place for it. I have it oriented upside down for easier access when the lid is up.

The passenger side pouch contains my lithium ion jumper pack and work gloves, and the driver side pouch contains my survival pack of assorted bits in the event I'm lost in a blizzard or whatever. I also carry other gear scattered in the space under the trunk mat like breaker bar, towels, spare clothing, duct tape, tools, folding shovel, etc. Honestly, my car would probably be a good bit faster if I left all my gear at home. But, it doesn't hurt to be prepared.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.