ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, guys, I know this isn't the right place to post a maintenance issue, but I'm new here, and so I hope you'll pardon me.

:redface:

I'm on my second WRX, and I've had my 2012 since March. Though it runs beautifully (of course!), this morning 3 lights went on in the dash:

Check engine
Cruise (blinking)
The ABS icon

Also, the fuel efficiency indicator has never worked properly.

Any ideas on what this could mean?

Many thanks,

Suzanne

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
It means the car went into limp mode. Means you have a CEL.

Do you have any mods on the car?

If not,I'd take it to the dealer. Otherwise try getting a code.

Also try retightening you gas tank cap. Take it off & tighten it a good 4-5 turns.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the speedy reply! Not sure what CEL means...

No mods on car. Will take to dealer.

Will also try tightening the gas cap.

Thanks, Tony! :)

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
When the computer throws a trouble code it will trigger the lights in the dash that you describe. Your car is still quite new, I remember not long ago when you intro'd yourself here. I'd take it to the dealer and have them take a look. They'll run a diagnostic to find out what trouble code the computer has come up with and take needed action to fix it.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
I wouldn't take the car to the dealership for the code just yet, as they'll charge you a $35-40 diagnostic fee. Take it to the nearest AutoZone / Advanced Auto / Pep Boys and borrow their code reader (they should let you use it, or a tech will use it on your car without charge)

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
rage-wrx said:
Even if its under warranty?
Yes. Well, if the warranty covers the fix, they will. If it's something like an overboost code, you'll get charged.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts