ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently, on my way back from school, I started having trouble with 3rd and 5th gears. My 1st only has the same troubles as everyone else - nothing special.

Anyway, every once in a while (as in, not every time I'm out, and even then not the entire time I'm out) I start having horrible trouble getting into 3rd and 5th gears. It feels like I can find where the gate is, but I just physically can not push it all the way into the gear. With some finagling, double clutching, and general looking like an idiot, I can finally slide it in, and from there it won't pop out or anything, but the next time I go for it, it'll still give the same troubles.

Tomorrow, I'll be getting new shifter bushings in the mail, with hopes that that will help something, although I'm not sure.

Any ideas on what this is or how to diagnose it?

·
Registered
778 Posts
That sounds pretty yucky. Maybe you'll find something fishy during the bushing install. Keep us posted.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
I actually have some minor similar troubles on really cold days, if the car hasn't warmed up on my STI. I haven't noticed a pattern to gears though, but it seems like 1, 2, and 3 are the biggest culprits.

Once warm though, no longer have any issues. I even had this feeling when cold in my 07 STi when it was brand new...

Have you changed the transmission fluid lately?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts