Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I just ordered a 2019 WRX and hope to have it before the end of the month (already on a ship in it’s way).

Two quick questions, is there any specific trickle charge you’d suggest and also the car us t equipped with homelink. My SA said the dealer can swap out the mirror with one that has home link and stays he’s done it before while the service manager I spoke with said they can’t do it.

Any insight here? Should they be able to do it?
thanks!

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,726 Posts
Isn’t a homelink mirror offered for 19 models?!

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you wish to keep your battery fully charged during extended down times, a battery maintainer [tender] is what you want. Many trickle chargers do not have an automatic shutoff when the battery is fully charged. This can overcharge and damage the battery. A quick google gives the following list of maintainers:
•Battery Tender Plus 021-0128. ...
•Schumacher SEM-1562A-CA Battery Maintainer. ...
•BLACK+DECKER BM3B Automatic Battery Charger. ...
•NOCO Genius G4 6V/12V Smart Battery Charger. ...
•Optima Digital 400 12V Performance Maintainer.
I have good personal experience with the Battery Tender Plus with motorcycle batteries.
good luck

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,612 Posts
I like these 'made in America' chargers. I have had good luck and good service from them.
https://www.usabatterychargers.com/

They do not make a mini "battery tender" type and they are expensive. But they last almost forever and give you more options over a lifetime.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts