ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was coming home today, and all of a sudden i notice that my tranny is slipping when i go past 3000 RPM. i don't know what is going on. when i accelerate, the car moves until after 3000 rpm where it feels as if the torque converter is not locking up and the car is not pulling at all after this point. also, now, when i almost come to a complete stop, the tranny makes a clunk sound. does anyone know what is going on here?? please help..

·
Registered
897 Posts
give her 3 more weeks till shes a goner trust me i wouldnt like to here this but....i wish some one woulda forewarned me. but hey now i have a stronger auto trans and 3800 stall converter. so its all good...get it checked out bro

·
Registered
419 Posts
If your lucky, it could just be a low fluid level. My tranny was slipping at 3000 rpms when a hose from my tranny cooler had a slow leak. After fixing the leak and refilling, the slipping went away.

I hope that's all it is...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
man i think im tire of subaru, they are good cars performance wise, but i think they are too high maintenance.

·
Registered
447 Posts
they are only high maint. when a whole generation beats the crap out of them... otherwise subarus are reliable

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
yeah. . .if you're torque braking alot, then you're abusing the car.

if you're not, you should be under warranty and you still have no problem. :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ellinopedo182 said:
give her 3 more weeks till shes a goner trust me i wouldnt like to here this but....i wish some one woulda forewarned me. but hey now i have a stronger auto trans and 3800 stall converter. so its all good...get it checked out bro
can you tell me what they said was wrong with your transmssion, and what they did to repair it. what they did to make it stronger?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Wierd, mine was slipping a few months ago. I took it to Subaru and they checked i9t all out, changed the fluid and everythings been fine since. I also went from an SR55 turbo, to an SR40, and now have a VF34 (untill my built motor is done). I think mine was more the convertor though. It seemed to be "binding" up a little...a higher stall and some beffier parts will be added accordingly as well. Let me know if I can help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts