Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Transmission Noise

hi all!

Ihave been driving my subie and loving it! Lately I have been noticing a squeeking sound when pushing in my clutch. At first I thought it was the pedal itself needing a quick shot of wd-40. While I parked in my garage last night I found that the sound was coming from the transmission itself. The slower I push in or let out on the clutch, the more painful it sounds. :( Is this normal for a car with 11K miles on it? Or is my throw bearing about had it?

Thanks!

<=> Darksaga

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Don't have any ideas, but keep us posted on your findings! Does it happen whether the car is on or off? What about if the trans. is in gear or neutral?

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
my friend has a 98 civic and his pedal squeaks. he hasnt fixed it yet but he keep complaining that he needs a ew clutch soon so maybe its clutch related. how well to you treat your clutch? bring it to a dealer/mechanic and tell them whats up

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is2scooby said:
Don't have any ideas, but keep us posted on your findings! Does it happen whether the car is on or off? What about if the trans. is in gear or neutral?

It is happening when the engine is running and when it's not. The sound is loud enough to barely hear it over the engine. Sounds about the same whether I am in gear or not. When in nutral with the engine off I can feel the shifter tremble as the clutch moves past the slip point and squeaks. Definitely gonna have to get this checked out...

Thanks for the relpies!

<=> Darksaga

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Definitely sounds like throwout beaing or associated hardware (bearing collar) to me!

Why would the shifter move though? Hmm....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts