ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Recently picked up a new Wrx, it's my first subaru. It's also my first 4 cyclinder turbo. I love the car so far but the gearing doesn't seem right to me. I feel like I run outta gear too soon in 1-3 and then 4,5 are too tall. I'm sure it could be that I'm just not use to the car but I was wondering what the difference is between the six speed in the legacy GT and the 5 speed in the wrx. I read a lot about needing a ton of things to swap out the 6 speed from the sti into the wrx but was wondering how similar the wrx and the legacy gt were since they seem to have more in common than the wrx and the sti. Is this swap possible for a reasonable amount of money? Thanks for any information you might have.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
The Legacy GT doesn't have a 6 spd unless it's a spec B.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah ok, on the subaru website when I went to build your own the only option under transmission was a 6spd manual. Guess that puts me back to square one. Thank you!

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
Ah ok, on the subaru website when I went to build your own the only option under transmission was a 6spd manual. Guess that puts me back to square one. Thank you!
I guess I should have specified that I was referring to the 05-09 model LGTs. I have not seen the newer LGTs or researched them because they are ugly. Drive an STI.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
I was gonna say, I thought the newer model LGTs did have a 6 speed. But I agree, they are ugly regardless.

Not sure about that particular swap though. Good question. I assume that it hasn't been done much because it's probably going to be much more expensive considering those versions of the 6spd are much newer than older ones from STIs that can be had for cheaper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts