ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi does anyone have problems with there tranny? and if you do whats your problem, have you fixed it and how did u fix it? :wiggles:

·
Registered
0 Posts
my tranny works just fine. i just think that its one of the most sloppy, notchy, imprecise trannies i've ever driven. i've driven alot of cars too.
:(

·
Registered
310 Posts
yo vanilla said:
my tranny works just fine. i just think that its one of the most sloppy, notchy, imprecise trannies i've ever driven. i've driven alot of cars too.
I agree, and it makes a lot of strange noises in cold weather

Wtf your from appleton SWEEEEEEEEEET!

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Napolean said:
Hi does anyone have problems with there tranny? and if you do whats your problem, have you fixed it and how did u fix it? :wiggles:
welcome to the Tranny thread # 98791248798
Thank you for using the Search button and reading stickies :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Do you already have idea for a BOV for your car ??? :p

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
rallymaniac said:
Do you already have idea for a BOV for your car ??? :p
Either that or the cold air intake is ordered....you most def. need bov and CAI before tires.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
<sigh> How many times has this topic been addressed this month? :rolleyes:

This is nowhere near the sloppiest tranny I've ever driven. I still think it's silly that you guys went and spent $24,000 on a rally-based car, and are shocked when the tranny isn't "refined". :wiggles:

·
Registered
0 Posts
i suppose i should change it to "most imprecise sloppy tranny in a MODERN car :p . aw come on ray, rally based shmally based. every car is based on something :p

·
48,699 Posts
yo vanilla said:
aw come on ray, rally based shmally based. every car is based on something :p
Your car is shmally-based?!? Awesome! :eek3:

·
Registered
0 Posts
yeah you can't buy this ish, it's custom :p :wiggles:

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
yo vanilla said:
Ok....I'll bite. What cars have you driven?

·
"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout"
4,124 Posts
Napolean said:
Yeah I have problems with my tranny. He won't wear the dresses I pick out for him. I haven't fixed it yet...we're still in relationship counseling.

·
48,699 Posts
bigwrxguy said:
I like the feel of the 5spd in my old metro to the WRX, so easy to shift didn't have to think as much eevry time I shifted.
The tranny in my car is just an extension of my body. No "thought" required; the shifts just kinda happen when I'm ready. I guess I'm just amazing. :cool:

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
RayfieldsWRX said:
The tranny in my car is just an extension of my body. No "thought" required; the shifts just kinda happen when I'm ready. I guess I'm just amazing. :cool:
Same here. If I had to think about shifting I'd probably hit something :tongue:

·
Registered
0 Posts
well i've worked at car dealerships for the last 4 years plus before that i installed mobile equipment at a family owned audio/video store, so you name it :)

the short list of cars i've worked with would include every semi-late model bmw, saab, mb, volvo, jaguar, land rover, porsche, toyota, scion. that's just the new cars i've spent a good amount of time with. beyond that, jeez i couldn't remember everything lol, (this list not including the install days) - how about lots of mk2/mk3/mk4 VW golfs/jettas & passats, (a few evo's, one sti, a few 350z's and one g35, audi a4's, a6's one a8, lots of mini coopers and cooper s's, a couple foresters and outbacks, fc rx7's, one c5, a whole bunch of 3rd gen f-bodies, one or two sn95 mustangs (those felt really weird to me), various other nissans including sentras and maximas, two s2000's but i never had them out much further than the lot, most every gm car of the mid 80's to late 90's, a bunch of gm trucks, a few ford trucks, one or two dodge rams and dakotas, a few audi TT's....

that's all i can get rom the top of my head, there's more. i'm at work right now lol so i should get back to it (it seems to be a good job for a car nut though :wiggles: )

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
yo vanilla said:
well i've worked at car dealerships for the last 4 years plus before that i installed mobile equipment at a family owned audio/video store, so you name it :)

the short list of cars i've worked with would include every semi-late model bmw, saab, mb, volvo, jaguar, land rover, porsche, toyota, scion. that's just the new cars i've spent a good amount of time with. beyond that, jeez i couldn't remember everything lol, (this list not including the install days) - how about lots of mk2/mk3/mk4 VW golfs/jettas & passats, (a few evo's, one sti, a few 350z's and one g35, audi a4's, a6's one a8, lots of mini coopers and cooper s's, a couple foresters and outbacks, fc rx7's, one c5, a whole bunch of 3rd gen f-bodies, one or two sn95 mustangs (those felt really weird to me), various other nissans including sentras and maximas, two s2000's but i never had them out much further than the lot, most every gm car of the mid 80's to late 90's, a bunch of gm trucks, a few ford trucks, one or two dodge rams and dakotas, a few audi TT's....

that's all i can get rom the top of my head, there's more. i'm at work right now lol so i should get back to it (it seems to be a good job for a car nut though :wiggles: )
You think an A2 VW shifts better than a rex??!! :confused1

·
48,699 Posts
Sounds to me like someone's spoiled to high-end cars, for the most part. (as I suspected...) You and DTR can form some sort of "spoiled kids who hate their trannies" support group. :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts