ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my WRX for about a year now, and i love it, its got to be one of the greatest cars ive ever driven, and ive driven some greats, well ive always noticed it but recently ive gotten curious, my tranny wines from 1-4th and then 5th goes dead silent on the highway.

now i dont have an exhaust, i do have a downpipe, so my exhaust isnt loud but it makes some noise and sounds great, but still untill 5th gear my tranny makes as much or more noise as my exhaust and tires combinded, then i shift into 5th and its quiet. i bought the car with about 55000 miles, and ive had the tranny fluid changed once and it doesnt leak. so im curious at what yall think. i kinda got inspired to ask because of riding in a freind of mines 240z which has stright cut gears, and sounds just like my gears 1-4th. is there anyways to tell without cracking my tranny? what do yall think?

Matt

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,232 Posts
The revs drop in 5th and if you were to increase the revs to the level they were in 4th, the wind and road noise increase so it may be difficult to judge.

You'd know if you had straight cut gears. Your orthopaedist and neighbours would too.

If it shifts fine, keep in maintained and don't worry (worrying gives people wrinkles).

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
watching some videos on youtube, with ppg's and thats what mine sounds like it shifts fine, so i dont really care im just curious to know what i have

Matt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts