ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought this 05 wrx about 6 months ago. The car runs amazing but. I have one problem. When I'm at a stop or I'm shifting down to first. It kicks it back to neutral.does anyone know what it could be?:sadwave:

·
Æternum
20,599 Posts
Downshifting into first is generally not easy for these transmissions. IIRC, some 2005 received dual-ring first synchros, but even those can be difficult to shift into first. Are you sure 1st is all the way engaged?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tranny problem

Like stated, don't shift to 1st unless you're at a complete stop.
Yeah sorry I might not be explaining my self right. But that's when it happens is when stop and then I go into first I push it all the way in and it just kicks it out. But it's only some times. But lately it has been doing it a lot. I installed some twin lowering springs and in the process the axle that goes in the tranny came out. Would that have something to do with it?

·
Æternum
20,599 Posts
I installed some twin lowering springs and in the process the axle that goes in the tranny came out. Would that have something to do with it?
As in the axle literally came out of the transmission casing? Boot and all??

I think you may have multiple issues here... Can you go under the hood and post the transmission code (underneath the VIN) in this thread? Then, if you can go underneath the car and check the transmission code on the physical transmission and do the same. I suspect that the PO may have installed another transmission, poorly at that.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As in the axle literally came out of the transmission casing? Boot and all??

I think you may have multiple issues here... Can you go under the hood and post the transmission code (underneath the VIN) in this thread? Then, if you can go underneath the car and check the transmission code on the physical transmission and do the same. I suspect that the PO may have installed another transmission, poorly at that.
Yeah came off and then my tranny oil was leaking, okay Ill go and see what I can find, the kid who. Bought it from said that it had a new clutch installed. Now with that said, my guy who does my mechanic stuff, was installing my sti top mount, noticed that the middle support from the tranny was loose he could turn the bolt with his hands, so whoever did the work might of rushed it and halfassed it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts