ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hard clunking noise and feels harsh going 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd...... car feels reall laggy ahhh help

·
Registered
773 Posts
define harsh.....like the car shutters?

·
Registered
889 Posts
ellinopedo182 said:
hard clunking noise and feels harsh going 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd...... car feels reall laggy ahhh help
This is the exact reason why i got rid of my wrx and got my G35c.
I got the clunking noises and that "lag". Feels like the car just lost all its power right?. Yeah that sucks man. The tranny just can't handle the power i guess. In my opinion, either build the tranny now or just part out the car and buy a new one before something really bad happens.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Kind of scary since he is still on the stock turbo.

I havent had my 34 on for very long but im not having any tranny issues.......but i dont launch either.

·
Registered
423 Posts
skyjock41 said:
Kind of scary since he is still on the stock turbo.

I havent had my 34 on for very long but im not having any tranny issues.......but i dont launch either.
it'll happen especially if you give it partial throttle, lay off the gas for a bit and mash it again...it takes the VB time to compensate for it becase the stock VB is not throttle induced.

·
Moderating YOU, before you had your Subaru!
13,353 Posts
Interesting...I haven't experienced any of these problems...can you go into more detail as to what exactly is happening?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Any update on the situation ellinopedo182? I find that my '00 v6 4dr accord 'shudders' or as i like to say, i can feel a vibration under my seat and in the pedals when the auto tranny is nearing a shift. I think someone mentioned mashing the pedal when that happens and i find myself doing that to get it to shift. Thoughts/advice? Foreshadowing imminent death?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
as of now i have narrowed it down to not being a mechanical problem but an electronical one. me and a couple of other buddies are thinking input output speed sensor. the reasone for this is that i got a cel of 1st gear ratio incorrect and a tps not getting signal. but even though i can not launch cuz it dies on me. from 30 to about 100 my car murders.... my 1st to 2nd is so harsh it lunges me forward like i have dont tranny work to the car. on the list of cars i have walked or stuck with i have s4 with dp and cat back, m3 stock 02, 13.5 second honda civic hatch with out the spray, with spray 12.9. this one was the best 30 mph roll the two hatches are going at it a 13.5 anda12.8 this is there times no spray. i walk away from the 13.5 hatch and inch my way to the 12.8 but he lets off as he sees me approaching. the best thing is i had to play catch up cuz it went from to lane to three lane. im happy cuz both this hatches are modified gsr and type r hatches.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Hey when you find out whats exactly wrong with the tranny, make sure to post it. I threw that same CEL when i took my car up to the track after the Stage 4 install. Never did get it checked. Keep us posted

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok man i took it to subaru they told me the same thing its the speed sensor which i scausing the trany to shift like **** which in return is throwing low circuit for the tps which is bogging my car and creating a light show for all behind me....all i know is when im on the hwy and i got down to second at 59mph and shift at 80 into third i get a stading flame in my muffler the sound is a little da-da-daaa from the rev limiter in to third then i get a pop flappppppp puuuutt and it like some one jsut filled the muffler with butane then lit it right away nad it sat there lit for a couple seconds.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts