ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My WRX has just over 50K. I am planning on changing the tranny fluid soon as well as adding a tranny cooler. I am going with Synthetic fluid. Is there any special brand of filters that are better than others or are they all the same.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
ah, i was unaware there was a synthetic for auto transmissions. i would call the manufactuer of the fluid you buy and ask what they want you to use with it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was gonna go with amsoil, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I did find Castrol Dextron IV synthetic and Mobile 1 synthetic. I was gonna go w/ the Castrol since the manual calls for Dextron III and the Mobile 1 is Mercon. But I am gonna look at a few more places for Amsoil before I get anything else.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Yea, AmsOil is what I have been using for the last 3 fluid changes with the stock Subaru spin on filter changed every time. I now have 267,000 KMs/167,000 Miles on everything and nothing has ever been touched/re-built yet. :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
< running well past 10k miles on Amsoil 5/30 with no filter change for the second time. (all sampled and lab tested by Blackstone of course)

I highly recommend the universal ATF if the oil/ filter performance is any indication.

At 20 bucks a year becoming a preferred customer gets you everything at wholesale. Which is big especially if you are without local independent dealer. Online always ships from the nearest distribution warehouse which also supplies the dealers. So shipping is minimal and with preferred you wind up near retail anyway.

·
Registered
0 Posts
amsoil ftw

1 - 10 of 10 Posts