ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I traded in my fully bolted/E85 Mazdaspeed3 on 1/31/14 for a brand new, off the truck 2014 SWP WRX hatch. The MS3 was fun and threw you back in your seat a lot more than the WRX stock but I can see myself having tons of fun in this new car. I'm not going to go as far as I did with the speed3 for reliability sake but I do plan on doing a lot of mods to make it my own and increase the driveability. I'm really excited to learn a completely new platform.

Current Mods:

Power:
-Cobb AP

Mounts/Bushings:
-Perrin Pitch Stop Mount
-Perrin Tranny Mount
-Perrin Engine Mounts
-Perrin Subframe Lockdown Kit
-Cobb Front Shifter Bushings
-Cobb Rear Shifter Bushing
-Whiteline Gearbox Mounting Bushings
-Whiteline Rear Diff Mount Insert Bushings

Suspension:
N/A

Engine Bay
-Perrin Radiator Shroud
-Perrin Pulley Cover
-Perrin Radiator Stays

Exterior:
-35% Tint All Around
-Rally Armor Flaps
-IAG Taillight Overlays
-Debadged
-Perrin 3" Shorty Antenna

Interior:
-Perrin Skinny/Fat Shift Knob
-Pure White LED Interior Lights
-Pioneer AVH-X4500BT
-SVXdc Harness
-SVXdc ASWC-1
-Parking Brake Bypass
-Cobb Short Shifter
-JPM Coachworks Alcantara Short Shift Boot
-JPM Coachworks Alcantara E-Brake Boot
-JPM Coachworks Alcantara Arm Rest
-Block8head vent pod
-Prosport Mechanical Boost Gauge

In the Box:
-Greddy Magnetic Oil Drain Plug
-Perrin Lightweight Pully
-LaminX Yellow Foglight Overlays
-BIG ASS EDGEAUTOSPORT STICKERS lulz

Wishlist/Planned:
-Invidia Catted Divorced Wastegate Downpipe
-Invidia N1 Titanium Tip Catback
-Perrin AOS

20140131_164553.jpg

20140201_145536.jpg

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I had limited time yesterday so I decided to knock out the Pitch Stop Mount since it's so easy. I was honestly shocked at how flimsy the stock mount is compared to the Perrin mount. I instantly felt that shifting was much smoother. It will get better once I have the other bushings and mounts in but I'm trying to do one thing at a time. Something I never learned in the Mazda.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2/4/14 I installed Perrin Tranny Mount, Whiteline Gear Box Bushings, Whiteline, Rear Diff Insert Bushings, Cobb Front Shifter Bushings, and Cobb Rear Shifter Bushing. I can't believe house much of a difference these made. It honestly feels like I am driving a completely new car. The shifts are smooth as butter and it feels much, much more solid when I get into gear. I haven't noticed any additional vibes, however I did notice additional tranny whine, but that doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Honestly I think it's unbelievably how soft and flimsy the stock bushings and mounts are. It really made driving more difficult, now with everything more solid I couldn't be happier.

20140204_143000.jpg

20140204_161402.jpg

20140204_143347.jpg

20140204_143739.jpg

20140204_151247.jpg

20140204_154632.jpg

20140204_151641.jpg

20140204_154302.jpg

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A couple of things got doe 2/8/14. I couldn't stand the factory radio so I upgraded to a Pioneer AVH-4500BT. I used SVXdc's harness, an ASWC-1, and parking brake bypass for the wiring. Also put on IAG tail light overlays.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2/7/14 Installed Perrin Pulley Cover and Radiator Shroud. I feel these really add a lot to the engine bay at first glance. Got them cheap too :D

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
nice mod list so far. nice to see youre doing the bushings while the cars still new so youre not getting rust and all sorts of road gunk in your eyes lol. ever think about getting it undercoated? depends on how long you plan on keeping the car.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nice mod list so far. nice to see youre doing the bushings while the cars still new so youre not getting rust and all sorts of road gunk in your eyes lol. ever think about getting it undercoated? depends on how long you plan on keeping the car.
Keeping it for a while man. I'm doing my Perring Subframe Lockdown tomorrow and after that I'll be spraying to keep rust out. MD tends to overdo it with salt

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Keeping it for a while man. I'm doing my Perring Subframe Lockdown tomorrow and after that I'll be spraying to keep rust out. MD tends to overdo it with salt
i hear ya, id like to get my car undercoated and all of the rust fixed soon. next year winter project when i get a beater subaru

·
Registered
24 Posts
How are you liking the cobb shifter? Im debating between that and the kartboy right now

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would assume they are pretty darn similar. I'll tell ya it takes a lot of adjusting to find a good throw. My first couple attempts I couldn't get into either 2nd, 4th, or reverse. All good now and love it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)

·
Village Idiot
3,469 Posts
Sub'd, Love the way and speed your build is coming together. I look forward to following along.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Nice build!

How much was the Perrin tranny mount? I picked up a Group-N really cheap that was only used for 4k miles. Had a Group-N on my 05 STI and it certainly made a huge difference believe it or not.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts