Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer was very reasonable, swap worked out very well-there is some backstory here but it doesnt matter.

After 2400 miles in the WRX and 150 miles in the STI it is obvious that the reviews saying that you should buy the WRX and not the STI WERE VERY WRONG.. So dont listen to the reviews people!

The STI is actually much easier to shift smoothly, the shifter doesnt wobble around like in the WRX, it has more torque in 2nd gear, steering is much much much more solid and the suspension isnt overly harsh compared to the WRX. So it's actually easier to drive than the WRX--not at all the commuting torture many sites were claiming.

The only problem I have is the exhaust drone on the freeway... I talked to Invidia cust service and they're saying that the Invidia Q300 doesnt drone at all under 3000 rpm... Anybody can confirm?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Dealer was very reasonable, swap worked out very well-there is some backstory here but it doesnt matter.

After 2400 miles in the WRX and 150 miles in the STI it is obvious that the reviews saying that you should buy the WRX and not the STI WERE VERY WRONG.. So dont listen to the reviews people!

The STI is actually much easier to shift smoothly, the shifter doesnt wobble around like in the WRX, it has more torque in 2nd gear, steering is much much much more solid and the suspension isnt overly harsh compared to the WRX. So it's actually easier to drive than the WRX--not at all the commuting torture many sites were claiming.

The only problem I have is the exhaust drone on the freeway... I talked to Invidia cust service and they're saying that the Invidia Q300 doesnt drone at all under 3000 rpm... Anybody can confirm?
Having owned both its exactly my experience. Cobb catback doesnt drone at all and woke the car up. IT revved up and down the tach much more freely. Heard nothing but good about invidia exhausts but I cant confirm drone or not on that system. .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Having owned both its exactly my experience. Cobb catback doesnt drone at all and woke the car up. IT revved up and down the tach much more freely. Heard nothing but good about invidia exhausts but I cant confirm drone or not on that system. .
I actually called Cobb first. The guy on the phone said their exhaust is even louder than the Subaru 'performance exhaust'. That's why I called Invidia next.

Stupid question: does installing a Cobb/Invidia exhaust affect the warranty?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Its been said before but i'll say it again. The wording on that isn't right because no dealer can "void" your warranty. They can deny a claim if the part you installed caused said failure. Catback exhausts are fine and do not require a tune.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts