ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a total n00b. To this forum, but not cars. Lol. Anyways, I was asking this more towards dealers/venders. Right now, I own a 01 Toyota CelicaGT-S that has a 6-spd, in excellent condition, with 67,000 miles on it. I'm also the second owner. Since I live in CO, this car, being a coupe, is unpracticle. Also unsafe at times. I have always wanted a WRX, and was wondering how much I would be able to get on a trade-in, or a private sale. Anybody?

·
Administrator
26,609 Posts
Dealers use the Galves book. In Galves it looks like you will get approx. $11500. depending on options, condition, salesmen, etc etc....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Trainrex said:
That is the website. Galves is the book dealers use.
Could it depend on dealers to which book they use? I've been told by local dealers and seen loan paperwork at work which uses the NADA guide for trade-in values.

·
Administrator
26,609 Posts
Turbo Maniac said:
Could it depend on dealers to which book they use? I've been told by local dealers and seen loan paperwork at work which uses the NADA guide for trade-in values.
I'm sure there are exceptions, but most dealers use Galves for trade in values because they are lower, and NADA values to sell because they are higher.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm a dealer in TN. Looking at what those cars are doing at auction right now I would guess a real trade value would be somewhere between 10,500 and 11,000. Of course the dealer could show you a higher number if they've got their car overpriced. If you sell it retail yourself, I would expect somewhere around 12500 to 13,000. All of the disclaimers apply though (depends on condition, market for that particular car in your area, etc.) If you have a Carmax in your area they will give you a figure that they will buy it for whether you are buying a car from them or not. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
THanks for the info. I've been asking around, and it seems like the best option right now is to sell to a private-party. The car is still in very good condition.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts