ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok so i was caught little off guard by this..I was out in my car and I gave a spirited run 1-2 I didnt push that hard shifted at like 5grand and wasnt a real hard shift but my traction light lit up and blinked a few times..and when i went into 2nd the car feels like it just falls off the map with power and takes forever for turbo to spool back up..Did it drop off that bad cause I still had the traction control on and it killed power cause I may have slipped a tire a little bit or did something bad happen..I sure hope it wasnt anything bad cause i wasnt even on it that hard and that would be pretty disappointing and pathetic if that little bit can hurt it. oh its a 2012 WRX bone stock

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
when the tires slip, the traction light comes on.....and when that happens, first the brakes pulse on that wheel to try to gain control of the spin, then the ECU pulls timing and dumps boost so you don't keep spinning.

it can be real annoying

couple of options.....1) don't accelerate hard where you have low traction (unpaved road...paved road with sand or gravel present, etc.).... 2) press that little round button near your left knee to disable the traction control before you do a hard pull.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
We might want to ask: did the light go back out and is the car behaving normal after this occured? It may well be due to slip and be done. . .

·
Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it only blinked for like a second or 2 and never came back..I just was kinda surprised to see it since I really didnt push it tooo hard and considering its AWD with not a ton of power. I gues it might have slipped a little bit of tire..Maybe they were hard and not alot of grip cause it was chilly yesterday and considering they are summer tires i guess they could have.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
I gues it might have slipped a little bit of tire..Maybe they were hard and not alot of grip cause it was chilly yesterday and considering they are summer tires i guess they could have.
This nailed it.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Yup, only blinks on and then goes out, all back to normal. That's how it's supposed to be. But I just had it come on (came out a driveway, with a dip in the road, steering went a little iffy and probably slipped just a bit also...) and it is STILL on, after several days... Now what?!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts