Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read somewhere that is you turn off traction control it gives you a bit more power. Something to do with how if it is turned off then it has more power going to it and the wheels are not being slowed down or altered (I guess that is the right word?) in any way by the traction control cpu. Is this true and if not, what are the benefits driving with traction control turned off?

·
Registered
2015 ISM WRX Premium
206 Posts
I read somewhere that is you turn off traction control it gives you a bit more power. Something to do with how if it is turned off then it has more power going to it and the wheels are not being slowed down or altered (I guess that is the right word?) in any way by the traction control cpu. Is this true and if not, what are the benefits driving with traction control turned off?
Depending on the year I don't think you get any more power, it just turns off some of the computer control on the AWD system. Your butt dyno may feel like there is more but turning traction control off allows the driver more control in a spin out or 'stuck' position as compared to having it on. I leave mine on. (Someone correct me if I am wrong)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
For External Use Only
2,488 Posts
No "power" so to speak, just turns off the electronic nannies that help your car keep all 4 wheels doing what they're supposed to. It's much more prevalent when turned off on an STi than a WRX.

·
Super Moderator
11,763 Posts
You won't see more power. It can make you faster, however most people it won't. You've actually got to be a better driver than the nanny systems. Most people are not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,763 Posts
No problem, there are many places that have advanced driving classes for racing. If you are really interested in getting faster than the nanny systems allow take them, day to day on the road the defensive driving you learn from those classes are every bit as helpful as the control you learn for the track.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts