ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have had my car for some time now and one complaint I have had about the car (the only complaint) is how that car feels in the lower RPM range....the car just felt "notchy". Today I went out for a drive and decided to switch off the TC which is the first time I've ever done that btw and tadaaaa no more notchyness...am I crazy or dose the driving experience just feel better without TC on?

·
Registered
750 Posts
It shouldn't make a difference unless you are breaking traction. At least I haven't noticed a difference on or off with mine.
:yeahthat: Pretty weird. I have never felt TC kick in until I loose traction and/or the car starts loosing its steering track.

·
Registered
362 Posts
So I have had my car for some time now and one complaint I have had about the car (the only complaint) is how that car feels in the lower RPM range....the car just felt "notchy". Today I went out for a drive and decided to switch off the TC which is the first time I've ever done that btw and tadaaaa no more notchyness...am I crazy or dose the driving experience just feel better without TC on?
According to your profile, you drive a 2011 WRX. If the traction control is ON, the TC light will illuminate momentarily in the instrument panel when a loss of traction occurs and the system is activated.

If you were noticing this before you deactivated the TC, then your driving experience may have been affected. If you were not experiencing losses of traction before you turned the TC off, then there should have been no effect to the vehicle's driving dynamics.

-Shadow

·
Registered
125 Posts
i dont think your going crazy.. to me it seems more jerky with TC on... and honestly just on dry roads and from a get go it seems like it has a little more pep... but i guess if your goin crazy i am to!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I turned my TC off for the first time yesterday in my 2011, and immediately the car felt smoother in low RPMS. It very well may be a placebo effect though. It seems the difference is enough to make you think its better, but not so much of a change that you can be certain its changed at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts