ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found my dads old Sony Clie and I was wondering what software you guys use to track the mileage. I did a google search but didnt find much. Free is best but I dont mind paying if it will get the job done. Thanks!

-Joe

The Clie is about a year old. Not sure what version of the palm OS its running.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
I track mileage in Excel on my iPAQ. If I want to do statistics or chart it, I can pull it up on my PC and go to town...

·
Registered
721 Posts
I have Documents to Go installed on my Cliè. It can create Excel spreadsheets, or its own (smaller file-size) format of spreadsheet. Graphs and all.

It's $30 for the basic program but there are ways around that :p

·
Registered
863 Posts
not trying to be a jerk, but why do you need a pda to track mileage?

I'm sure you know this, but isn't it easier to just reset your trip meter at every fill up. At the next fill up, divide the miles on your trip meter from the gallons put in.

I suppose having a spread sheet would be a nice thing, but couldn't you just plug in all the information after the fact?

·
Registered
721 Posts
My spreadsheet keeps track of trip mileage, overall mileage and calculates mpg for each fill-up. Plus I record when oil changes are performed and when mods were installed.

It's just a convenience to have the PDA with me. I suppose I could enter it after the fact as you suggest. But this way I don't forget.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
dome said:

I'm sure you know this, but isn't it easier to just reset your trip meter at every fill up. At the next fill up, divide the miles on your trip meter from the gallons put in.
Well, of course you reset the trip meter. Duh!:)
The PDA is a calculation/storage medium. Remember how people would track their mileage over time on a piece of paper? Same thing, moved into the modern age.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dome said:

I suppose having a spread sheet would be a nice thing, but couldn't you just plug in all the information after the fact?
Haha... No, your not being a jerk. I thought I would put the palm to use since it just sits there while no one uses it, and I figured it was an easy way to keep track of my car.

Thanks for the links, im gonna test them all out :).

-Joe

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
express_wagon said:
same deal here, i got an old palm sitting around, might as well put it to use. but i just end up uploading it to excel.
I keep mine in my arm rest, fits well and is there when I need it. I used both the programs above and the MPG Log 3.0 (2nd link) is the best, it is very basic but does what I want it to do and its FREE! I also found one called AutoMobile ( www.linkesoft.com ), it seems to have alot of stats and graphs, I dont like the input method so Ill probably stick with the free one :). Thanks a bunch!

-Joe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts