ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes a really good set of track coilovers? What are the best brands? Tein?

Coilovers will be used on a Toyota MR2

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its my father in laws track car. He is setting it up for a team he put together. He was asking me to get some info.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Moton makes the best coilovers hands down end of argument period. But... a bit pricey, expect to spend ~$2,000 -> $3,000 per corner depending on options (all the way up to 4 way adjustable with remote resivores and huge frickin bodies).

·
Registered
553 Posts
On a serious competition car the absolute minimum I would consider would be the JIC FLTA2's. They are only single adjustable however. Retail is right around $2k. The reason I'd take the JIC's over anything else available in the range you are probably looking at is because ride height and spring pre-load can be independantly adjusted which is really important. With the JIC's you also don't sacrifice suspension travel the more you lower the vehicle. Finding serious suspension stuff for the MR2's is going to be a chore because the things are just too bloody hard to drive at the limit consistently so nobody really races them. You might also want to look into the penske 8100 series and see if you can score a set of those for an MR2.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
YOu may want to look into DMS stuff, they main make rally stuff, so you know it's hard core. On some of the their stuff the part the bolts to the hub is welded right to the Strength limit of the hub. That way the base of the shock is the "weakest" part so it is cheap to fix, rather then fu(king up the whole hub. Sick if you ask me. I am thinking about some coilovers also, but not ready to deal with the rebuilding of them that is needed.
MCL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts