1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
651 Posts
I am by no means an expert on this stuff, but I'm pretty sure that hitting 19psi at around 3400 rpms is not normal. Pretty sure you should be hitting a lower peak boost than that at a higher rpm. I could be wrong though.

Also, if you are datalogging to have people diagnose your Stage 2 tune, I'm pretty sure you should be going from 2k rpms to redline in 3rd gear and then posting that.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
The car isn't knocking in either log.

You paid for support with the map purchase, so get in touch with Eric and see what logs he needs from you, and send them to him. From the reviews I've seen, he's good about taking datalogs and making appropriate adjustments, if needed.

·
Registered
719 Posts
The car isn't knocking in either log.

You paid for support with the map purchase, so get in touch with Eric and see what logs he needs from you, and send them to him. From the reviews I've seen, he's good about taking datalogs and making appropriate adjustments, if needed.
Yes. Do this brother. I did the same. He does great things!

Side note... On my iPhone and can't see the data logs

But I think hitting 19PSI that soon is not good

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
SRTSamb said:
But I think hitting 19PSI that soon is not good
That's target boost (note the Boost Error column). I hit 20-21 PSI ~3200.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
SRTSamb said:
I'm hitting 19-19.2 but just that soon?

TP tune is nice!
Assuming Eric is worth anything as a tuner, hitting target boost "that soon" is no issue.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ill post a better data log! for some reason im overboosting way to much, i asked eric to lower the boost a bit ( for safety reasons ) im actually hitting 20 psi in 2nd gear, i will post up some better logs...

·
Registered
882 Posts
20 psi isn't over boosting that is normal boost for a stage 2. I am just wondering why people would say that hitting boost to soon is a bad thing? Our cars spool up in the low to mid 3k range where it peaks and then tapers off a couple of psi to red line. Oh yeah like Monk_Knight said you need to go from 2k to redline in third gear for a good data log.

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
you want boost to hit soon because right after that you want your max TQ to hit. you dont want boost at 3500 rpm and then TQ to hit at 4000+. for a vf52 thats way to late. my 20-21psi hits at 2900rpm! :) 394TQ by 3700rpm, these are good things.
Sorry if hijacking for a sec, quick question for synolimit - What turbo/setup are you using to get those kinds of hp/tq numbers?

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
Wow, you've been one busy bee. Everything looks greaat. Like others, I'm not a fan of the cutouts. If you're already 3" TBE and EWG, I don't think it provides any extra gains.

ps - Though a very respectable job to take on, your custom manifold setup worries me a bit. You?

Okay, /thread jacking.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
902 Posts
Knock at wide open throttle in the upper rpm's is not a good thing. I would check with Eric on that. How many pulls did you do? I always like to get 3 back to back just incase you have some false knock.

I have used the Torqued Performance stage 1 and 2 maps for the stock airbox and didn't notice a big difference vs the Cobb maps but I didn't care for the way the car felt under normal driving from 2-3k rpms. I am currently using the Cobb stage 2 AEM map for 93 octane and my data logs look great so I haven't tried that TP map yet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts