Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Thinking Man's Engine
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 3S-GTE lives!!!

This time, like the Celica....it moves to the lighter Corolla platform....

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Thanks Tan, that's a pretty sweet looking car.

It looks like the cosmetic cover on the TMIC would block a good bit of flow. What do you think? I wish the third pic were larger to get a better view of the back. I find that, all too often, the back of the car ends (pardon the pun) up looking stupid relative to the front.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
wow, what is that car, got anymore info/websites?

·
Registered
3 Posts
My coworker and I were reading the japanese website (his japanese is 10 times better than mine). The caldina seems to be the JDM Matrix and comes in 4 different body trims with a TRD bodied version as the sweetest looking imo (same 4+1 door config though). Apparently they'll have a GT4 verison (like the kick ass celica gt4 from a couple years back). Its 4wd not Awd and as far as i can tell only comes in a 4 speed auto. Still a kick ass car though. The engine pictured is rated at 260 PS (256HP) and 324 N*m ( 239 ft*lb) and is a 2l turbo. Base price for a car with this engine and 4wd seems to be around 24-25k in yen.

Hope they bring this car to america or at least give this engine as a choice for the USDM matrix/corolla/celica. I love toyota's; especially the build quality and the awesome interior designs they have. This thing might give the stock WRX a run for its money in terms of performance and value.

--HK

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oh just to add for who ever wanted the website where I got the info:

http://www.toyota.co.jp/Showroom/All_toyota_lineup/caldina

The links in the first row on the left are the most intresting; First section and link says concept; Next section is called Varaition and the links under that are 1. grading, 2. "welcab" (some handicapped thing), 3. Customize; The third section is called Design and the links are 1. Exterior, 2. Interior, 3. Calibration (? not sure). That spretty much all I looked at. The exterior and interior have some hi res wall papers if you want better images.

Also they were bragging that its a low emissions engine in one of the blurbs for the engine so I don't see why it would be an issue to bring this engine over :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Toyota should just go back to turbo instead of copying honda with all these variable valve timing. Bring back Celica turbo and Supra TT!.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts