Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I remember somebody pulled a pretty big truck out a ditch with their WRX. I forget who, you might be able to find the thread, I'm too lazy. ;)

-joe

·
Registered
265 Posts
What do you want to pull?
I am sure it would pull a jet ski, cart trailer etc. just fine.
Master Craft maybe not.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Just remember not to do any 5k rpm launches while towing the trailor. ;) :D

-snowcat

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
campbell said:
I remember reading something about a 2000lbs recommended towing weight.
I was a passenger in my car the other day so I broke out the manual while I was in the shotgun seat. :) I think it said 1000 pounds was ok for a trailer w/out brakes and 2000 was okay if the trailer had brakes.

-snowcat

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got a hitch installed last summer to tow a bass boat, 17ft. length. Probably towed 5 or 6 times, no problems, except that you KNEW you were towing a boat! Anyway, funniest part was watching the guys in their 2wd Ranger, 1500 or what have you, trying to pull their boats out of the public launch and totally roaching their rear tires in the process. The rex performed beautifully every time, no torque problems to speak of. I wouldn't recommend any kind of passing unless absolutely necessary, and try to keep the rev's below 3,000 to avoid engaging the turbo. Other than that, no problems.

Steve

P.S. On my fishing trips, I still managed 18 MPG towing the trailer with a mix of city/highway...I expected 14!

:cool:

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
speaking of towing....u know that little threaded eyehook in the "jack bag" where does that bad boy attach?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I believe it goes in where that cut-out square is located on the front bumper. Don't quote me on that, I just remember reading that in a post somewhere...

Steve

·
Registered
34 Posts
Maxpower is right, the eye bolt goes into the little cutout in the front bumper. It is supposed to be used by the tow truck to put the car up onto the flatbed.

·
Registered
77 Posts
maxpower said:
I got a hitch installed last summer to tow a bass boat, 17ft. length. Probably towed 5 or 6 times, no problems, except that you KNEW you were towing a boat! ...
Do you have the OEM hitch or something else? Do you know, or estimate, the total wieght of your trailer + boat? (considering the cross-country U-haul experience!!) Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts