ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone touge's their wrx or sti on this forum. im wondering because im interested to see how the car would do and inputs from people who have either done it or tried it would be nice. i used to touge with my 96 nissan 240sx which was setup for it so i am interested to see how the car would do.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Touge - (toe-gay)

Is a up and downhill race usually run in the mountains of Japan.
Two cars race, one behind the other. No passing is allowed. If the gap between the first and second cars has grown by the end of the course, the first car wins. If the gap between the cars has stayed the same or decreased, the second car wins.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hope this clarifies this somewhat. i wouldnt really consider it drifting for the main fact that in touge you dont really lose traction that much as you would drifting. its more like "grip driving" so as to speak except in mountain roads. mostly asphalt roads in the mountains. there are a few me and my freinds go up to drive in every now and then here in arizona although good nice twisty's are hard to find around here.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
EJghost20 said:
Touge - (toe-gay)

Is a up and downhill race usually run in the mountains of Japan.
Two cars race, one behind the other. No passing is allowed. If the gap between the first and second cars has grown by the end of the course, the first car wins. If the gap between the cars has stayed the same or decreased, the second car wins.
sounds like an accident waiting to happen.... :confused1:

I dont think that going to do much for your front or rear end... and can cause some insurance policy problems

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, not really. This is just how they do it in Japan. For the most part anyway, as far as I've seen in the huge collection of video that I have.
It all depends on the maturity of the people you are driving with. Skill is developed, but if you are mature enough not to do anything you can't handle, you'll be alright.
My friends and I don't race like that because we aren't skilled enough to do so, but we do go out and try our best to improve our skills in a progressive matter. Of course with the exception of a couple guys who actually have what it takes (awesome to ride with!)

But really, driving mountain roads and hillclimbs are the grassroots of many types of motorsports.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i actually got into touge before i even saw a best motoring video. i used to live in asia before and it was something i was doing there then i came to the united states and re4sumed it here. it is extremely fun even if youre just a passenger. i know my limits i know my 240sx's limits and now am trying to explore the wrx's limits as well. i usually take it slow and gradually pick up the pace to see how the car reacts and handles. if anyone wants to go even not to drive but to be a passenger or hang out or whatever me and my freinds can show the roads where we go. its a awesome place to check out suspension mods and handling and other things too.

·
Registered
70 Posts
B-Rock said:
is it like a rally scenario or like a drift race?
I'd say a combination of the two. Its a like a rally stage that you could use drift to go through the path, depending on your car and setup. But I think its more advantageous to grip drive through it than drift. I could be mistaken.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
in touge at leats in the bmi videos its more grip than anthing really. when i was running my 240sx in the roads my freinds and i run on i usually used grip as my main technique. my buddy he has a older 240sx thats setup for drift so he drifts the raod instaed of gripping it. its really up to the driver what he wants to do. i grip my buddy drifts. we have raced each other on numerous occasions and usually if i am in the rear i can keep up with him and if he is behind me he can keep up with me although usually i am faster coming out of the corners and turns as my nissan did not have any lag issues as it was naturally aspirated and his car is turbo.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts