Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I tried to search and came up short, my search-fu is not strong :(
My question is how safe is it to use the touchless washes during the winter months when I can't to a hand wash at home? Or should I stick to
trying to do it myself at a coin wash?
I will be installing a Perrin Plate relocation on the front, so I worry about the quality of the wash ( scratches, swirls, etc ) as well as damaging the plate. I heard
its only an issue with brush auto washes?

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Stay away from the brushes and you will be fine. Put a good coat of wax or sealant on the car before winter sets in. That will help the coin washes and touchless sprayers to remove dirt and debris from the car.

Careful when you take the car to the dealership. Sometimes they run it through a brush washer without telling you. My 15 STI fell victim to this.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stay away from the brushes and you will be fine. Put a good coat of wax or sealant on the car before winter sets in. That will help the coin washes and touchless sprayers to remove dirt and debris from the car.

Careful when you take the car to the dealership. Sometimes they run it through a brush washer without telling you. My 15 STI fell victim to this.
Perfect. Im taking delivery tomorrow and taking it straight to the detailer to get barred and sealed with 22ple. Told them many times, DONT wash lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts