Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please let me know the torque setting for the lug nuts on the stock WRX wheels. Also, please indicate if there are specific points to jack up a WRX wagon for a winter tire change-over.

This will be my first time changing all four wheels. Previously I had done this only twice to replace a flat!

Thanks for your help:p

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply -- and information. I did not see the torque specs in my owners manual -- although it does show the jack points

I ordered the wheel/tire package from the Tire Rack. Hopefully they will include the torque specs with the installation instructions.

Thanks again for your reply:p

·
Moderating on the run!
7,320 Posts
SDGARBER:

Torque spec for lug nuts are 65.7 ft lbs. I've been running mine at 75 ft lbs, 65 ft lbs seemed a little light when I went to rotate tires.

The jack points I use to rotate tires, I jack up the front w/ a floor jack using the front skid plate (puny, but suprisingly robust), then place jack stands under chassis just behind wheels. I then go to the rear and use floor jack under rear diff (if you had another set of jack stands you should probably use them on the rear, I don't so have just used the floor jack- obviously you would not let any of your body parts get underneath the vehicle in this situation!).

When torquing up the bolts it is advisable to slowly bring them to the correct torque using a star pattern, there are many that also advise to then loosen them slightly(not w/ your torque wrench) and retorque to spec. Always pull w/ your torque wrench, don't push.

Hope that helps.

Big Sky WRX

1 - 4 of 4 Posts