Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just installed a mitshimoto top mount. And gfb response hybrid bov do you guys recommend getting a tune asap before driving it daily or baby it until the tune is done? Don’t want break the car any advice would help thank you guys

·
Super Moderator
11,124 Posts
I wouldn't drive any modified vehicle without a tune. However if the blow off valve is full recirculation and it's only a top mount you should be ok, but will see no benefit of the top mount. Only slower turbo response and more time to build pressure because of the larger volume.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldn't drive any modified vehicle without a tune. However if the blow off valve is full recirculation and it's only a top mount you should be ok, but will see no benefit of the top mount. Only slower turbo response and more time to build pressure because of the larger volume.
Copy that because I can close the valve and make were it doesn’t vent air to the atmosphere

·
BooSTIng
2,260 Posts
You will want to close that bov to make it full recirculating no atmospheric blow off. Other than that, XJ hit the nail on the head. A new top mount without a tune shouldn't hurt anything, but you will see no performance increase until it is tuned.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you guys it’s been a big help the car runs with no issues I set up a dyno tune for this month I’ll let you guys now how it went

·
BooSTIng
2,260 Posts
It is always exciting when your car gets ready to go on the dyno and get tuned! Once I blast through the break in period of my new built engine I will be going for a pro tune as well.

Be sure to post a dyno graph and your impressions before and after. Always like to see graphs and peoples responses after a tune!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts