ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking to upgrade my endlinks with solid endlinks and maybe getting a new rear sway bar along with some new top hats, but I am not sure if I should go with the STI group N top hat or the Cusco top hat and I was wondering if with either of these options I can use the stock springs until I get enough bank for either some STI springs or some Cobb springs.

*edit: I have already installed a set of KYB AGX struts, also if any one has any other recommendations for top hats let me know.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump, searched some more but still not sure if it will work with the stock wrx springs, if anyone has put on the cusco top hats how did it go? do you like them?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
bump

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bump

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bump for money burning a hole in my wallet.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anybody? even what is a good spring that won't lower the car much atleast no more than 1" in the front and .5" in the rear, STI springs maybe?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sigh

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
No sense upgrading your tops w/ oe springs IMO, you have to disassemble your struts/springs/tops and that requires another alignment

when you upgrade your springs I'd definitely consider upgrading your tops to Grp N ones- they are a much firmer durometer rubber over oe, but are still rubber so it cuts down NVH over metal tops

the only time I'd not recommend Grp N tops is if you need more camber (talking up front) then it's camber plate time, then I'd still recommend them for the rear

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what spring would you recommend with my struts and Group N top hats?

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
if I had a sedan the choice for a spirited daily driver would be takeoff STi springs (04-07) the spring rates (223/194) would go well w/ the damping of the AGX's, lowering is moderate ~ 10-12mm and the price is right- in the $75ish range used. simply purchase the 04 style rear top and use a TIC spacer (as the AGX's are a 02/03 style strut) and your done

1 - 13 of 13 Posts