Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No idea if this has already been posted since I don't hang out in this forum, but I found this from an ITR board which pointed to an Evo board:

Top Gear UK STi v. Evo Video

(Right click and save to your hard drive instead of trying to stream it for faster results.)

My favorite line when the guy is driving the STi: "essence of burnt clutch - splash it on all over before going out all night for a fight".

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I seem to have a problem viewing the video....only the first few seconds appear and then freezes(the sound however does continue). Any ideas?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Outstanding video! If only the USDM EVO VIII had the electronic center diff and the SAYC system, and of course, if only the USD STi had the weight saving and extra rev benefits of the 2.0 liter.

-Shadow

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I had this problem with videos, so I decided to try and fix it...

If you're using Windows Media Player, then uninstall it, and download a new version off of microsoft.com

:D

·
Registered
158 Posts
for all those with video problems all you need to do is install the latest divx codec from divx.com, it's free so don't worry....i believe it's version 5.0.5

·
Registered
648 Posts
RLsChMiDt said:
I had this problem with videos, so I decided to try and fix it...

If you're using Windows Media Player, then uninstall it, and download a new version off of microsoft.com

:D
That doesn't do it...oh well. A video I'll have to miss. People really should work to make them compatible...

RN

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
renichms said:
That doesn't do it...oh well. A video I'll have to miss. People really should work to make them compatible...

RN
Are you sure you uninstalled it completely first? Then downloaded a new one? I'm sure it should work, especially if other people are watching this on windows media player...:)

·
Registered
648 Posts
RLsChMiDt said:
Are you sure you uninstalled it completely first? Then downloaded a new one? I'm sure it should work, especially if other people are watching this on windows media player...:)
Tried it a number of times on a number of videos. Doesn't work. Don't be too concerned...it's really no big deal. I'm getting used to only about 70% of these videos working anyways. There are a lot of them out there, only some actually work, and a lot need some lessons on how to make video. ;)

RN

·
433 Posts
g0tb00st said:
did u read mypost?
Guys read his post. He's 100% correct. You NEED DivX 5.05 available free from www.divx.com , so go there and get it. Real sweet video.

As for comments on the actual video, the EVO looks fantastic. What cornering! The STi was understeering like CRAZY - it was all over the place! :(

·
Registered
648 Posts
WilliamG said:
Guys read his post. He's 100% correct. You NEED DivX 5.05 available free from www.divx.com , so go there and get it. Real sweet video.

As for comments on the actual video, the EVO looks fantastic. What cornering! The STi was understeering like CRAZY - it was all over the place! :(
Got out yet another computer of mine and it worked. That EVO is insane...too bad it's not available here. I still prefer the STi though. ;) I liked their comments too...

RN

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I already had the new WMP 9, and just downloaded the updated ver9...still doesn't work without stalls. I did however download the newest divx as well...crossed fingers

·
Registered
33 Posts
WTypeRogerX said:
No idea if this has already been posted since I don't hang out in this forum, but I found this from an ITR board which pointed to an Evo board:

Top Gear UK STi v. Evo Video

(Right click and save to your hard drive instead of trying to stream it for faster results.)

My favorite line when the guy is driving the STi: "essence of burnt clutch - splash it on all over before going out all night for a fight".
Thanks for the awesome vid! Man, I can't quit thinking of selling my WRX for the STi......Darn it!

mplayer on Linux plays the vid fine. VLC should do justtice for Winbloze users :D Or, get the new codec.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts