ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
4 MPG with a lead foot???????? :eek: :eek: :eek: I bet you can actually watch the gas gauge go down when you are WOT. Did
you see how low the front end comes to ground when the driver was on track under hard braking? I want those brakes! This was an amazing video. But the guy was right on the money in regards to the American cars handeling characteristics. What a video.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jayhawker said:
4 MPG with a lead foot???????? :eek: :eek: :eek: I bet you can actually watch the gas gauge go down when you are WOT. Did
you see how low the front end comes to ground when the driver was on track under hard braking? I want those brakes! This was an amazing video. But the guy was right on the money in regards to the American cars handeling characteristics. What a video.
(devils advocate) the vette pulls a G on the skidpad. who said domestics can't handle compared to imports. It's all about the $$ put into the car. FORD could easily made rip the corners but as he said most cars will be garage queens and if they did all the research and what not on suspension pieces for the chasis then it wouldn't be the 125( i think) price it would be up higher. Ford had a plan and stuck to it, make a new one of the old with more grunt and better handling. SUCCESS.

btw i <3 lightning

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
ack! white stig!... this gonna be weird... its not cool that the white stig also listens to random toned down music... that was the black stig's gimmick...

4 mpg... thats insane to say the least...

·
Registered
715 Posts
From Car and Driver: http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=15&article_id=7565&page_number=1

(1) "How does the $150,000 supercar stack up against the newest European repli-racers, the $101,965 Porsche 911 GT3 and the $193,324 Ferrari Challenge Stradale?"

(2) "It wasn't even a contest. The Ford GT so completely dusted off its two highly recognized competitors that if we had wanted to make this a real challenge, we would have had to go way up the "supercar" price ladder. The $401,000 Saleen S7 is about as quick as the Ford GT, and we know of only one car that would surely outrun the Ford—the $659,000 Ferrari Enzo."

(3) "The Ford tied the Ferrari for skidpad grip (0.98 g)"

(4) "What really made for the GT's stunning two-second-per-lap advantage—it ran a lap in 1:32.13"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts