ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm going to pick up a set of 04 STI wheels and original tires with 300 miles on them. The car was bought drove for a week and then stripped for time attack. Anyway the wheels and suspension were taken off at 300 miles. I know this for a fact because it is a good friend of mine, his work time attack car. Anyway.

is $800 too much for the wheels?
What is the suspension worth? all four stock coils still with upper mounts.
What are the swap bars worth? I THINK front and rear

This will all be going on a MY02.

And I will have a set of Arospeed 18" wheels for sale this next week, with new tires for a GOOD price!!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
800 is not bad for the wheels and tires imo

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
$800 is a GREAT deal for the wheels and the tires are just icing.

The swaybars won't fit, but the struts will. They will make a nice upgrade to the car.

If this guy is giving you wheels and tires for $800, I'd let him tell you how much he wants for the struts.

I'd probably go up to $500 for the strut assys.

Good luck.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've looked it up as many different ways that I can. And basically concluded that the weight of these wheels and tires should be in the 40-42lbs each. Can anyone ACTUALLY confirm what a 17" BBS with the bridgestones weigh?

My 18's weigh in at a hefty 54lbs EACH (give or take a couple). With this weight loss at each corner, am I going to notice a drastic difference? It just seems like the wheels are SOOO heavy on my car. I had a 94 Accord long ago with 18" Racing Hart C2's on it and I could tell a difference in every way shape and form, and it almost feels the same in the WRX, but with nothing to compare it to as I do not have the stockers.

I guess I am just getting excited to feel the difference and really feel how this car should be, opposed to the over weight fatties on it now.

Anyway, what would be the perks of STI coils? Raise ride height? I assume that the spring rate is much higher. I'm pretty sure I talked my friend into the coils for $50 lol but I might give him more knowing that they are worth more. I would feel bad ripping him off, as he is already doing me such a favor.

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
You will notice a difference in acceleration. I drop 3lbs. or so when I switch over to my race set of wheels, and it is quite noticeable.

You should get the complete strut assemblies. Springs, struts, tophats etc. The STi springs are not a direct fit for the rear tophats on your '02, and the stock struts from your '02 will be underdamped for the STi springs.

The STi springs are stiffer, but not bad at all. They are a great street spring, even more so when correctly matched to the STi struts. ;)

The price I gave of $500 (max) is for the complete strut assemblies. For just the springs, $50 is good, but you will then need new rear tophats and a spacer for about $200. So, just get the complete strut assembly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts