ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My WRX wagon has a TON of body roll. If I take a turn fast everything in the car goes flying. However, keeping the ride soft is VERY important. What can I do to help reduce the body roll and keep the ride nice? Sway bars? Please help, thanks

-Led

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
ZoSo

:)

swaybars will do wonders from the testamonials here. run some searches. for a lesser gain, some strut bars may help a little, but for the money, definitly start with sways.

coilovers or a racing strut/spring combo will also help.

dR

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
Ledzep,

Your wagon comes w/ a 20mm front sway bar and a 17mm rear. Many wagon owners are simply upgrading to the sedan rear sway bar (20mm) and find it helps w/ bodyroll and as a bonus reduces understeer as well. This is a cost effective mod as many sedan owners are upgrading their rear sway bars and thus are available at a very reasonable rate.

If you have any interest PM me as I was going to put mine (oe sedan rear sway bar) in the classifieds.

Big Sky

·
5,799 Posts
A WRX-friend of mine (RockyWRX) fitted the sedan sway bars to his wagon and said it didn't make much of an improvement. I tackled [email protected] on this issue for a recommendation, and he suggested that new springs might have as big an effect, if not more so, than fitting aftermarket swaybars. I purchased Tein High-Techs and the results are amazing: The body roll is massively reduced plus roadholding is somewhat improved. At some point in the future I probably will swap in different swaybars to eliminate any remnants of lean, but I'm very glad I fitted new springs first.

-Pace

·
5,799 Posts
Should probably also mention that I was surprised how little the ride changed in terms of comfort. It doesn't feel any harsher over bumps and other surface undulations than with the oem springs.

-Pace

·
Premium Member
4,475 Posts
Go for the Eibach Pro kits if your'e not thinking about upgrading your suspension. Go to www.importhookup.com and look under suspension, there should be a deal from RS Performance for discounts on Eibach springs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts