ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is it just me? A way ealier than we are used to Daylight Savings Time with a nearly snowless winter has me itching to swap out wheels.

I cleaned up and inspected the OZs for cracks today - all set to run. :)

Looking at the weather forecast for the next week here in SE PA I am tempted to mount the Superleggeras with the tread challenged 615s.

Who's with me?

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 48. Northwest wind between 5 and 8 mph.
Sunday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. North wind between 3 and 5 mph.
Monday: Partly sunny, with a high near 46. North wind between 5 and 10 mph.
Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 26. Northwest wind between 5 and 7 mph.
Tuesday: A slight chance of showers after 4pm. Partly cloudy, with a high near 50. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Tuesday Night: A chance of showers after 8pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Wednesday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 52.
Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.
Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 52.
Thursday Night: A chance of rain. Partly cloudy, with a low around 33. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Friday: A chance of snow or rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 55. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36.
Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 57.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I just put my summers on the STi today and left the winters on the Legacy for another week or two maybe...

·
Registered
317 Posts
I took off my snow shoes Saturday morning and -- unless big snow comes into the forecast -- I'm set until next winter.

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
It's been low-mid 40s here in upstate NY for a while. We had dyno day up in Lake Placid (about 2.5 hours from my house) on Friday. Everyone but me switched to their summer tires, and by the time we got up there, they all regretted it. I usually don't change mine out until mid-April. Then again, we got snow on my sisters birthday (June 2nd) a few years back - I know because I had the day off from working @ the golf course.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Curse you and your Global Climate Changing tires! There is still a pleanty of snow yet to fall hear in Jutah:tongue:

Cerial though it has been like 60+ for days now, and I'm itching for some new tires.

·
Premium Member
6,299 Posts
It is for me... :sadwave:

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had the day off - I put the OZs on and took a nice drive. :) Hopefully snow and ice are done for the season.

It is for me... :sadwave:
? :confused: ?

·
Registered
11,850 Posts
I have my summer wheels and tires on too. :tongue:

CA weather FTW.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Its too early for me....but thats mostly because I am yet to purchase my summer tires/rim setup yet.

I would probably wait until all snow is out of the forecast (keep in mind that it was "supposed" to snow this past weekend, but never did of course...kinda how they were missing all winter, haha)...

I also would probably wait until lows of the low 30s aren't consistent anymore:sadwave:

How does anyone feel about running winter tires at the drag strip? Atco is open and I wanna get a run in before it gets warm (keep my turbo happy!!!!:cool:)...my tuner did suggest that All Seasons have been best for drag, and my winters are as performance oriented as All Seasons...I might do it for a night to see what happens :p

·
Registered
374 Posts
Nice Falken Azenis Bill, use to own a set of those. They grip and don't cost an arm and leg. We had snow this past weekend so I'm holding off for another month before summer tires goes on.

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its too early for me....but thats mostly because I am yet to purchase my summer tires/rim setup yet.

I would probably wait until all snow is out of the forecast (keep in mind that it was "supposed" to snow this past weekend, but never did of course...kinda how they were missing all winter, haha)...

I also would probably wait until lows of the low 30s aren't consistent anymore:sadwave:
I am also waiting ... for Dunlop to wave their magic wand.

You are quite correct in your weather comments. April 1 is the latest I personally know of where we saw significant snow. Northern Chester got 8" in a freakish localized storm in 1997. I remember it well.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
I am also waiting ... for Dunlop to wave their magic wand.

You are quite correct in your weather comments. April 1 is the latest I personally know of where we saw significant snow. Northern Chester got 8" in a freakish localized storm in 1997. I remember it well.
I think that was the storm when this whole area got dumped on by a rogue Nor'easter. My area which is about 60 miles north of Chester, over here in Jersey...got 30+ in that storm. It was insane! :eek:

So how does Dunlop wave said "magic hand" ?

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think that was the storm when this whole area got dumped on by a rogue Nor'easter. My area which is about 60 miles north of Chester, over here in Jersey...got 30+ in that storm. It was insane! :eek:

So how does Dunlop wave said "magic hand" ?
Nope, different storm. That was March 13, 1996. Many got 30" or thereabouts.

Whenever thet produce and deliver the Dierzza D1. :sadwave:

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Sweet chart.

Curse you and your Global Climate Changing tires! There is still a pleanty of snow yet to fall hear in Jutah:tongue:

Cerial though it has been like 60+ for days now, and I'm itching for some new tires.
Cerial?

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Bill, you so smart!:tongue:

That is a cool chart...I would never have thought to look that up :rotfl:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Summer tires went on back in Feb. Had some snow since, almost regret it. But I think I'm good. If it snows, I just stay in and save gas. I live on base, so work is a 45 min walk if need be.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts