ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
6 feet, 1.62 inches

You'll fit just fine.

I'm 5'11", 180 lbs. Plenty of headroom (enough to add a helmet), and the seats are WIDE.

Enjoy the new car.

Rick:)

·
Registered
472 Posts
big boys are a non issue since we get the US "Whopper value meal, and super-size it" seats instead of the cool overseas hip huggers :(

as a matter of fact, someone already measured it out and its the exact same fit as the stock WRX seats, so if youve sat in a WRX, youve sat in a US STI.

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
afpdl is > 6'4'' (regardless of what he says) and he does fine. I'm 6'4'' and i do fine.

·
Registered
143 Posts
6'2" and 255 Lbs.

Headroom: A+
Hip room: A
Leg room: B

I have longer legs and the lower cushion offers horrible support even with the seat all of the way back. It's no problem around town, but fatiguing on longer trips. (Daughter can't wear her snow boots in the back seat behind me. :p ) This lack of support also leaves my legs splaying out more into the lower bolsters causing some discomfort there.

I've been thinking that I will need to modify the lower cushion angle sometime in the near future to make the car more tolerable for longer trips.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
5'6" or so and 130 pounds...the seat's too damn big for me. Had to get a harness.

RN

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
6' 2" (1.88 m) 250 lbs.

My only complaint is that the seat doesn't go down as far as the stock WRX seats. In the WRX, I had no problem having a slight back tilt to the seat back, while still keeping the steering close enough to not lock my elbows, and keeping my hamstrings down on the seat. In the STi, I have to put the seat further back to keep my legs on the seat, which makes me have to sit up straighter to reach the steering wheel. It isn't bad, just hard to get used to. And it makes the back seat that much smaller.

I just don't understand why they didn't just leave the seats alone, if they weren't going to make them tighter fitting. Does anyone know if the WRX seats are significantly heavier, or something else that makes the seats improve the car, ignoring aesthetics?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
6'-2" 190 lbs

two clicks left to push the seat back
two pumps down to lower the seat

verrrry comfy

my only beef is not being able to see the tops of cars in the rear view mirror...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yep, what they said...I'm 6'2 220lbs, and it is plenty roomy

...so head to your nearest dealer, This car is soooo much fun!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
6'1" 270lbs. Seats fit great, but I too suffer a bit on the leg room...Overall I fit the car well and can be comfortable.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Man, it's seeming there're more than 5 big guys to each little guy driving an STi! :eek: That's quite a split.

RN

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
renichms said:
Man, it's seeming there're more than 5 big guys to each little guy driving an STi! :eek: That's quite a split.

RN
The performance car world is not very friendly to us big guys. We have a lot of money that is just sitting around waiting for someone to give us something to spend it on. Have you ever seen a big guy try to fit into a DSM? I couldn't comfortably close the door due to that monstrous tranny tunnel. And I go to the car show every year just to get a laugh out of the tiny driver space in everything from a 500 SL to an Expedition. Oh, what I could have driven if I'd only been 5'10"!

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
VVVV said:
The performance car world is not very friendly to us big guys. We have a lot of money that is just sitting around waiting for someone to give us something to spend it on. Have you ever seen a big guy try to fit into a DSM? I couldn't comfortably close the door due to that monstrous tranny tunnel. And I go to the car show every year just to get a laugh out of the tiny driver space in everything from a 500 SL to an Expedition. Oh, what I could have driven if I'd only been 5'10"!
I know big guys don't fit well in small cars. It's good that you've found something that works.

I did, however, once see a monstrously fat woman squeezed so tightly into a Miata it looked like she'd been poured in through the convertible top.

RN

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Yeah performance cars of reasonlble price range I can fit in is basically the evo and impreza. Everything else either restricts veiw from the headliner or i have to crouch to not hit the roof.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Snacks said:

I have longer legs and the lower cushion offers horrible support even with the seat all of the way back. It's no problem around town, but fatiguing on longer trips.

I've been thinking that I will need to modify the lower cushion angle sometime in the near future to make the car more tolerable for longer trips.
Same problem at 6'4, 212. I was thinking about trying to use a sparco leg support or something. Not sure how feasible that will be. I might just go for a new seat.

Something like this...

http://www.racing-seats-usa.com/1011.html

-st

1 - 20 of 28 Posts