ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
2016 Subaru WRX Premium
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I replaced my Invid N1 single exit exhaust with a Tomei Ti Expreme. It sounds fantastic and the power difference it definitely noticeable. However, I have awful drone when taking off normally and cruising on the highway. My question is, does a resonated Downpipe help with this issue? If so, what downpipe do you recommend?

脝ternum
That's the whole Idea Isn't? Rather hear the rattle then the drone? 馃榿
No dude, it definitely isn't.

Exhaust drone is miserable. A well designed exhaust brings out the tone and a bit of bark at WOT, but should remain relatively sedate at cruise, projecting most sound away from the vehicle. Terrible droning exhaust (like the Invidia N1 I had on my bugeye for less than 4 months) is awful for everyone -- the driver, the passenger, and everyone else around you.

It sounds fantastic and the power difference it definitely noticeable.
I can assure you that any perceived "power difference" is purely a cognitive bias. It's a well known fact that the auditory experience interplays with the perception of acceleration. The resonator is in the midpipe, so replacing with a resonated midpipe may help, but certainly a different exhaust is your best option. This is the reason I ALWAYS suggest that people sit in a driven car before buying an exhaust.

Registered
my tomei droned pretty bad tbh and i only had the cat back. i loved how it looked enough to just ignore it for 16ish months tho. drove it to Montreal 3 times, drone and all lol. when i had the stock exhaust put back on right before i sold the car i couldn't believe what i was missing. you should totally buy mine tho, only if your really crazy about that look should you consider the tomei single exit, i cant possibly give that thing a good review. i have no idea how i am going to sell this thing tbh, i cant lie to people, im no salesman.

Registered
im not gonna derail this thread with that, im not sure and no, not yet, ill send you a message once i figure it out if your still interested.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts