ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Subaru WRX Premium
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I replaced my Invid N1 single exit exhaust with a Tomei Ti Expreme. It sounds fantastic and the power difference it definitely noticeable. However, I have awful drone when taking off normally and cruising on the highway. My question is, does a resonated Downpipe help with this issue? If so, what downpipe do you recommend?

·
Æternum
20,348 Posts
That's the whole Idea Isn't? Rather hear the rattle then the drone? ?
No dude, it definitely isn't.

Exhaust drone is miserable. A well designed exhaust brings out the tone and a bit of bark at WOT, but should remain relatively sedate at cruise, projecting most sound away from the vehicle. Terrible droning exhaust (like the Invidia N1 I had on my bugeye for less than 4 months) is awful for everyone -- the driver, the passenger, and everyone else around you.

It sounds fantastic and the power difference it definitely noticeable.
I can assure you that any perceived "power difference" is purely a cognitive bias. It's a well known fact that the auditory experience interplays with the perception of acceleration. The resonator is in the midpipe, so replacing with a resonated midpipe may help, but certainly a different exhaust is your best option. This is the reason I ALWAYS suggest that people sit in a driven car before buying an exhaust.

·
Registered
414 Posts
my tomei droned pretty bad tbh and i only had the cat back. i loved how it looked enough to just ignore it for 16ish months tho. drove it to Montreal 3 times, drone and all lol. when i had the stock exhaust put back on right before i sold the car i couldn't believe what i was missing. you should totally buy mine tho, only if your really crazy about that look should you consider the tomei single exit, i cant possibly give that thing a good review. i have no idea how i am going to sell this thing tbh, i cant lie to people, im no salesman.

·
Registered
414 Posts
im not gonna derail this thread with that, im not sure and no, not yet, ill send you a message once i figure it out if your still interested.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts