• leave em aloneee

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have a black 04 wrx. tinted windows, blacked out headlights. everythings is pretty much BLACK. then you have the FUGLY stock 04 wrx rims.

i just dont know what to do with these.. i cant afford new rims.

so the question is..

should i paint these, say.. gunmetal? or leave them be??

·
Registered
360 Posts
paint them black it will look really good.

·
Is in Love With the Admins Here
2,770 Posts
I painted my stockers black 2 years ago. They still look good. Just make sure you do a good job with the prep.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was gonna have them sandblasted first. the prime, paint, and gloss.

is there a better way to go about that?

·
Registered
0 Posts
there isnt really any need for sandblasting them, although it would help. Just sand them yourself with like 300grit sandpaper and clean them really well before painting, they should turn out fine

·
Registered
0 Posts
in th eend you know what you want to do wether or not people give you their opinions or not, if it were me I would paint them either Gold or black. Both colors will look good, your car appears to be in nearly mint condition so it will look good no matter what. Or try something different such as an off color or a rare color

·
"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre"
2,190 Posts
Apparently I'm the minority in here...... but.

If you spraypaint your wheels..... you know what it looks like???

It looks like you can't afford rims, so you spraypainted them.

Just because it's not original, doesn't mean it's "customized". Changing something on your car doesn't mean you're improving it.

This is including the fact that if you ever want to trade your car in, the dealer is going to stiff you on the trade in because it's tough to sell a car with spraypainted wheels.

I think your car looks nice.... As do most WRXs before people get a hold of them, trash them up with cheap upgrades (or downgrades).... then you just end up being associated in the same class as the 16-year old Honduh riceburners. Take some pride in your Subie.. give her the upgrades she deserves.

Leave them alone... there's lots of nice used sets of wheels on ebay every day. Save your $$, and do it right the first time.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts

Just because it's not original, doesn't mean it's "customized". Changing something on your car doesn't mean you're improving it.

This is including the fact that if you ever want to trade your car in, the dealer is going to stiff you on the trade in because it's tough to sell a car with spraypainted wheels.

I think your car looks nice.... As do most WRXs before people get a hold of them, trash them up with cheap upgrades (or downgrades).... then you just end up being associated in the same class as the 16-year old Honduh riceburners. Take some pride in your Subie.. give her the upgrades she deserves.

Leave them alone... there's lots of nice used sets of wheels on ebay every day. Save your $$, and do it right the first time.
+1, but -1/2 because I think a nice set of powdercoated stockers in a non-body-matching color adds value.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

point taken. im leavin them.

i should set up a wheel funding donation thing for poor lil ol me on all the subaru forums ha..

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
point taken. im leavin them.

i should set up a wheel funding donation thing for poor lil ol me on all the subaru forums ha..
Just do Rotas dude....they're cheap, they look good, and you could probably get a used set for well less than a grand with tires on them.

·
Is in Love With the Admins Here
2,770 Posts
You can afford spray paint with $397!

Apparently I'm the minority in here...... but.If you spraypaint your wheels..... you know what it looks like???

If you do a good job with the prep/paint on the wheels they will look as good as spending a grand on aftermarket wheels that will be a lot heavier. Besides the fact, if you scrape your stock painted wheel vs. an aftermarket wheel, you'll be less pissed about it. :thumbup:

·
"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre"
2,190 Posts
How about you just get some 16-inch Chrome hubcaps with the little plastic Iron-cross spinners on them?? I think they have them at Wal-Mart for about $35.

:rotfl:

Seriously.. your car looks great... there's no need to change it.

You may want to look online for a used set of 06-07 17-inch WRX wheels... they are a nice upgrade for earlier year WRXs. A lot of guys buy them, get aftermarket rims, and then sell their stockers to get some cash back.

Another option is to look for a set online. A lot of times people buy wheel/tire packages, wear out the tires, and then can't afford to replace the tires, so they just sell them on ebay. Nobody wants a worn-out set of tires.. so they sell for CHEAP.

Or just buy wheels.. then wait until you have the $$$ for tires.

It'll be worth the wait, and with a set of rims sitting around, it'll motivate you to save for tires

·
Registered
48 Posts
How about you just get some 16-inch Chrome hubcaps with the little plastic Iron-cross spinners on them?? I think they have them at Wal-Mart for about $35.

:rotfl:

Seriously.. your car looks great... there's no need to change it.

You may want to look online for a used set of 06-07 17-inch WRX wheels... they are a nice upgrade for earlier year WRXs. A lot of guys buy them, get aftermarket rims, and then sell their stockers to get some cash back.

Another option is to look for a set online. A lot of times people buy wheel/tire packages, wear out the tires, and then can't afford to replace the tires, so they just sell them on ebay. Nobody wants a worn-out set of tires.. so they sell for CHEAP.

Or just buy wheels.. then wait until you have the $$$ for tires.

It'll be worth the wait, and with a set of rims sitting around, it'll motivate you to save for tires
agreed save the money and get some rims,instead of doin it quick and be "iffy" about how they look on your car, you can get some good rims that are used in good condition, check around online:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts