ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to the STI world!

YEs as the name implies, I have been an M3 owner for 10 years. No flames needed.

I am considering the purchase of an 05 STI as my new daily driver vs. my 95 M3. at 42 and married w/ daughter, it seems like 4 doors are better then 2.

My back ground is in performance street cars and auto racing since I was 16. Former Race driver ( road racing) and race driving instructor for various open clubs in the northeast including MErcedes Benz AMG and Skip Barber.

Since daughter, no racing or track days.:baaa: things are changing and track events are in my future again!:screwy:

What are the chronic mechanical issues, complaints w/ the 05 STI? I'd likely buy something in the 25-28K range and mileage no more than 30K.
Any of you w/ 60K on the clock see something bad happening that is model wide? I plan to run the car bone stock except for tire and Brake pad changes at the track.

What daily driver complaints do you experience?

Finally, what to look for when purchasing? be STI specific as this is NOT my first USED PERFOMANCE CAR PURCHASE?

Thanks for the advice and help!

hoping to be in a nice STI by Christmas!:whoa:

Eric

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I bought mine at 42K, has 64K now. No problems when i bought it, none now. Regular maintenance is key, as with any car. The Sti is overbuilt a little. It can withstand some punishment, and daily driving. I cant think of anything outside of what would be considered normal wear and tear that I have experienced with this car, or that my Brother, who bought his new (now with 40K) has had.
Good decision.
Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts