ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • This is my issue i have a 02 bug eye this car is my baby lol i ended up overheating on the freeway i did a block test it came back all bad i have a choice to make weather i want to pull the motor have the heads machined and go threw all this or if i want to replace it mind u this car is my daily driver i dont really have the space or the time to do this at my place but cant afford to send it out i would rather work on my own car so if it has to come out to do the head gasket it will cost 300 to have them machined and 300 for the fel pro gasket kit do u think i should just replace it and if so what yr. And models will work and if the head gasket is the way to go what is the best and easiest way? Thx for the help

·
Æternum
20,380 Posts
If it were me, I'd find an OEM motor with good compression/leakdown numbers and less mileage.

EJ205s can be found for relatively cheap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya i think it will cost me like 300 more if that much than it will cost doing the head gasket and i was thinking if i have ot out i might as well just change it out cause my motor has 165,000 now it runs strong but i can always build it at my leisure

1 - 3 of 3 Posts