ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So question for the community. Would you trust best buy with doing your car speaker install or not? I'm purchasing some polk dxi650's from best buy and have the opportunity to get free install of all the speakers but i'm not sure i trust them? i've had them install HU's before in my old honda accord but that was a pos car that i didn't really care if tabs or whatnot break. So...yea to free install from best buy or nay to best buy install, and instead do it myself?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I feel like this is a fairly simple install that shouldn't require to much skill, but if you want to make sure you get the best job done as possible, go to a shop. Like I said though, I think best buy could handle this install. Did you check the price of the speakers online before you go buy them from best buy?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i can get them cheaper online but i have $200 in rewards certs that will expire in 10 days...so figure i'd go ahead and just get them at BB even though i slowly disliked them more through the years.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I got my entire system done there. They always have good discounts and everything works great.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
There are a bunch of DIY instructions online.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i saw that guide a couple weeks ago. my thing is, i can do the speaker install b/c i've done it before on other cars and i can read but i have the option for free installation by BBY. The crux of my problem is finding out what to look for in a quality installer, what questions to ask, and what to look out for. like i said i can do it, but after renovating 80% of my house by working on it during my weekends and after work for months, i've learned the value of sometimes hiring someone else to do the job who doesn't have another day job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts