ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right forum -- mods please move if needed.

I have a FMIC and no TMIC -- i am assuming that rain/water can enter the engine bay through the scoop. With the winter coming up, should I be worried?

Also, I have a CF hood which didnt fit unless I removed the rubber shroud around the stock scoop... Is there a way to cover this up or did everyone just leave this as is?

Thanks for the help in advance.

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
Not sure if this is the right forum -- mods please move if needed.

I have a FMIC and no TMIC -- i am assuming that rain/water can enter the engine bay through the scoop. With the winter coming up, should I be worried?

Also, I have a CF hood which didnt fit unless I removed the rubber shroud around the stock scoop... Is there a way to cover this up or did everyone just leave this as is?

Thanks for the help in advance.
I dont think the open scoop is a problem, as even with a TMIC water gets in there. The rubber piece just fits snugly against the TMIC. If you are worried you could always buy a 2.5i hood or a reverse scoop.

·
Is in Love With the Admins Here
2,770 Posts
I dont think the open scoop is a problem, as even with a TMIC water gets in there.
+1. It shouldn't be a problem. Subaru made it that way. I trust it.
I didn't use my stock rubber boot with my CF hood. I did however re-use my stock scoop! I should probably sell the CF scoop....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts