·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
Want.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Definitely do want in the 2013 wrx!!

The WRX will probably get a TT setup though, or a big slightly less than usually laggy turbo. I can't imagine a supercharger from the factory in a Subaru... But hey, been wrong before!

Here's the autoblog article with a little back-story:
Gazoo Racing drums up twincharged 320-horsepower Toyota GT86

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Definitely do want in the 2013 wrx!!

The WRX will probably get a TT setup though, or a big slightly less than usually laggy turbo. I can't imagine a supercharger from the factory in a Subaru... But hey, been wrong before!

Here's the autoblog article with a little back-story:
Gazoo Racing drums up twincharged 320-horsepower Toyota GT86
I can't imagine Subaru stuffing two little turbos onto a 2.0L...they'd twin scroll it before doing a TT setup. But, we've seen crazier things.

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
I can't imagine a TT setup from the factory in a Subaru either. If anything, it'll just be a single turbo version of that FA engine.

·
Registered
479 Posts
damn my GIF didn't upload correctly...

***fixed***

·
Æternum
20,888 Posts
Hey, lookey there, they fit two.
Twincharged is a belt-driven supercharger and turbocharger, right? I don't see the supercharger...

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a feeling this will cost as much as the car. Well, not really, but at least $10k. For 320hp I would think it would have been better just to keep it one sided, either a SC or a Turbo. I don't think the lag on a 2.0 with 320hp will be substantial to require a SC. But then again, I've never driven an FA motor...

·
Æternum
20,888 Posts
It would definitely help reduce lag

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Twincharged is a belt-driven supercharger and turbocharger, right? I don't see the supercharger...
Correct. Take a look at this closer view of the charger setup. You can just barely see the turbo compressor underneath the blue silicon coupler. The supercharger appears to be a small centrifugal type underneath the custom-fabbed red manifold. I'm assuming the SC driveshaft is underneath the black cover, which would put the SC pulley right in line with the belts at the front. It also appears to use a custom CNC'd water-to-air intercooler; an understandable decision since there is zero room for front mount plumbing, and I don't see enough space for a typical TMIC arrangement without adding a bulge to the hood, and of course, a scoop. Props to them for the fitment. That can't have been easy.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here's one example of what a twin-charged setup sounds like (Lotus Elise). It's, uh, kinda weird.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts