ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was looking up some exhaust for my scooby and i found one from lite-spec.com full titanium catback my question is has anyone ever used it if so what was the out come and what do u guys think bout it

Attachments

·
Æternum
20,919 Posts
Never heard of it.

If it sounds anything like the ebay fart-cans on the back of Honda Civics around me, no thanks....

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
05 scooby said:
i found some vids on youtube of it and actually its quiet nothing like a fart can
Because a compressed video on YouTube will accurately portray the sound :rolleyes:

It looks just like all the other straight-through N1 canister exhausts, which are loud and obnoxious.

Titanium is much more expensive than steel, so expect it to:
1) Cost much more than a regular exhaust
2) Not be true titanium if it doesn't
3) Perform no better than a steel alternative

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
Titanium is much more expensive than steel, so expect it to cost much more than a regular exhaust
Ah yep. Also expensive to shape and weld. I'm thinking the claims about the system are somewhat exaggerated. The price for the entire system seems awfully low for titanium.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,452 Posts
It can be shaped like stainless (e.g., health care tools etc.) but there are only a few countries that supply the material, and only a few firms that process it. I think it has to be welded under Ar too and in any case, it's still not inexpensive, whereas this exhaust apparently is.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
it's not bent. There are angle pieces welded in. And by the looks of the welds, they look like computer welds. I hate to admit it, but it looks legitimate. I'm not an angled exhaust fan though personally.

I don't think I'd spend 900 bucks on a catback, but if you're wanting to, let us know if you like it.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
Titanium is used in my line of work since it is non-corrosive & bio adaptable.Only thing is that it is extremely expensive.To make an entire exhaust out of titanium would cost a lot more..Maybe just the tips are titanium.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts