ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So 2 years ago I decided to upgrade the suspension on my 2011 wrx to some GTworx Billsteins struts with RCE Yellows springs but stuck with the stock 17" wheels. After installation, the front struts were very close to the tires but weren't rubbing. I brought it to the dealer the day of the install to get an alignment and they said they couldn't get the front wheels perfect (see pics below). 2 years go by and I decide to rotate my tires and find that the front tires had excessive wear on the inside (see pics below). Could this mean the tires are rubbing when the wheels are turned or is the alignment that far off? And what can I do to fix this?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
28,394 Posts
What does the other tyre look like?

Why did you wait two years to rotate the wheels?

What happens when you ask for zero toe and zero cross toe on all four, drive them for an oil change, and rotate them -- and do that for two years instead?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What does the other tyre look like?

Why did you wait two years to rotate the wheels?

What happens when you ask for zero toe and zero cross toe on all four, drive them for an oil change, and rotate them -- and do that for two years instead?
The other tire has the same wear but not as much. The metal isn't showing on that one. Why did I wait 2 years? Idk, I don't put a lot of miles on it. I had the original dunlops for 6 years and they still had tread.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
28,394 Posts
Had you rotated every 5K and seen this wear after 5K then I'd worry. As is I cannot say whether you are simply seeing expected camber wear. I'd get rid of all the toe in your alignment because the toe will wear off tread much more rapidly and meaningfully than camber.

Now that you're replacing go to a shop that will do what you ask rather than get it "to book value." See what is recommended for a performance alignment for your chassis and ask if they see any interference between the suspension and the tread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts